Question Cpu with Integrated graphics wont boot to bios

Dec 15, 2022
So im putting together my old pc for resale and when I started it up I couldn't get into bios to save my life tried everything to fix under the assumption that you can get into bios with integrated graphics. Well after an hour of me troubleshooting I popped my old gpu in and went straight to bios. Looking on the internet it say you can get into bios so does anyone know where I went wrong the cpu I was using was a I7-6700k

So im putting together my old pc for resale and when I started it up I couldn't get into bios to save my life tried everything to fix under the assumption that you can get into bios with integrated graphics. Well after an hour of me troubleshooting I popped my old gpu in and went straight to bios. Looking on the internet it say you can get into bios so does anyone know where I went wrong the cpu I was using was a I7-6700k
Cheap test.

Replace the bios bat.

Reactions: ckma81

shengton

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2008
There are a few possible reasons why you might not have been able to access the BIOS with your integrated graphics:
  1. The BIOS is not set to use the integrated graphics as the primary display. You can try changing the primary display setting in the BIOS to see if that helps.
  2. The integrated graphics may not be working properly. This could be due to a hardware issue, such as a damaged motherboard, or it could be caused by a problem with the graphics drivers.
  3. The monitor you are using may not be compatible with the integrated graphics. Some monitors may not display an image when connected to an integrated graphics port, in which case you would need to use a different monitor or a dedicated graphics card.
  4. There could be a problem with the CPU itself. If the CPU is damaged or not functioning properly, it could prevent the system from booting or accessing the BIOS.
It's difficult to say exactly what the problem is without more information, but the above points are some things to consider when trying to troubleshoot this issue.

TRENDING THREADS