Question CPU Won't cool down

Jun 7, 2022
Hello all - major amateur here so please respond accordingly. I've noticed that my CPU fan has been running really loud lately and I keep getting warnings that it's getting too hot so I decided to take action. I started googling so I've taken the following actions: I cleaned the fans and the inside of the tower. I closed all unnecessary programs and have been monitoring CPU / memory usage / CPU and motherboard temp. Moved my MFD away from the tower so it could breathe better (it has breathing room on all sides now). I removed one of the chassis exhaust fans because I had 2 intake and 3 exhaust so now it's equal, reducing negative pressure. It's now running cooler but the fan is still loud af. I feel like the CPU is still working overtime to do minimal work - it's betwen 25-35% usage with only a few Chrome pages open, 2 Edge pages, and MS Teams. Memory is steady about 40%. AMD FX Quad core 3.9GHZ ( I know its old!) Current temp 50 C

Lutfij

Titan
With the info posted above, you're devoid of your system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the BIOS version for your motherboard, the ambient air temps as well as the version for your OS, if you're on Windows 10. CPU cooler cooling that unknown FX series processor? Are you working with an FX-4130?

Reactions: billydeeCLE
Jun 7, 2022
Thanks for the direction!

CPU: AMD FX 8120 Quad core 3.10GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0
Ram: 16GB
SSD/HDD: Samsung 1GB SSD, 2 WD 4 tB HDD
GPU: Can't remember and don't know how to look
PSU: Don't know what this is
Chassis: Coolermaster Elite

BIOS: American Megatrends Version 2501

Last edited: