Question Cpu wont drop from 90 degrees at idle no matter what cooler I use

Sep 17, 2022
Hi, I have recently upgraded my pc's cpu and motherboard, everything else on the pc stayed the same.
I used the same h60 water cooler from corsair as i did for the last 2 years; today i came back home after being using it all day without any issues, i turned the pc back on and suddently the AIO pump on the motherboard appeared as n/a and the cpu temps wouldn't drop from 90 degrees and would even get to 100 degrees.
At that point I imagined the problem had to do with the all in one liquid cooler from corsair and switched it for intel's stock cooler assuming it would work to keep at least my cpu Temps arround 70 degrees on idle.
But the same thing happened, the fans from the stock cooler ramped up and my cpu was again hitting 90 degrees at idle and the fan didn't seem to do anything at all to lower the Temps.
I have lost all faith now and I'm completely lost on what is going on with my computer, again cpu and motherboard are brand new and where working fine all day yesterday and today during the morning.
If anyone knows what's going on I would really appreciate it.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Run HWInfo64. Sensors only. Take a good look at All the temps, cores, cpu, package etc.

Temp reading software has a serious flaw in it, it only tells you the hottest core when you look at a single number. It's entirely possible you just have a bad paste job, 1 core running way hotter than everything else, or it's possible that the actual thermocoupling for cpu temp itself is bad, and the other temps on the cores use different sensors, so get different results.

Also look at the core voltages. If there's a motherboard, vrm issue and voltages are way higher than they should be, that'll also be shown. At idle, the core voltages should be somewhere around 1.4v± ish at most.

Can also reset bios back to optimized factory default values. Any OC, software implied OC, 'performance mode' changes will be reset.