Cpu wont use more than 2% usage

TheOnlyAdmiral

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
I went on vacation for 5 days, came back to my computer running terribly slow. I though it was the heart Drive at first but after running multiple tests every test came back without any errors. Now after looking into the problem when I open task manager and look at what is being used my CPU is only at 2% whereas before I went on vacation it always hovered around 50 to 100 when I played games.

mikeynavy1976

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
It could be a variety of things (power supply, motherboard, etc.), I'm sure, but a few things to check:

1) Download the Intel Diagnostic Tool and see if that tells you anything about your processor performance. It can be downloaded here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000005567.html

2) Check your Advanced Power Settings and make sure that something didn't change. Under "Processor" make sure that the maximum somehow didn't get changed to 2%.

TheOnlyAdmiral

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
When I boot up the computer and log into the computer it runs perfectly fine I boot up task manager and look and it has about 15 to 30% usage but after everything is done booting it drops down to 2% and becomes so unbearably slow that it's like watching a slug crawl through Super Glue

Forgot to list specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon X4 750K
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 759 Ti
RAM: 12 gb ddr3 hyperx (i think 1333mhz)
HDD: 1 tb Seagate

It takes 15 secomds to right click, 5 minutes to open chrome, and when chrome opens its not responding. I clicked shut down and update, and it has been installing 1 update for an hour now.
I don't think downloading the diagnostic tool is possible, I am going to wipe the hard drive and fresh install windows today, hopefully that will shed light on the problem