CPU worth the upgrade?

beinik6

Respectable
Nov 12, 2017
Hey,

So soon I will have some money to spend, and i thought (if needed) why not on my PC.

My Current System:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600x
GPU: Zotac 1060 6GB AMP
RAM: Corair Vengance 2x8GB
MOBO: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 33 eSports Edition

What I would consider upgrading to (please give suggestions if you think something else is better):
CPU: I7 8700k
GPU: Will stay (for now)
RAM: Will stay
MOBO: Please suggest a more cheaper one, i thought about the MSI Z370-A PRO
Cooler: Please suggest one (The one I have now is compatible with the socket I think.. but i dummy probably throw away the things for the Intel socket cause I never thought about changing..)

I of course will sell the old MOBO and CPU to get a bit back from it.

So is it wort it or should I wait or get smth else? My budget for the CPU/MOBO/(Maybe cooler if needed): arround 500€ (I live in AUSTRIA so please consider that)

Thanks in advance!

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Your CPU is perfectly fine for current games and games to come. Just overclock it. Get a quality AiO to get better temps for more overclock. Be sure you have fast RAM. 2666Mhz and faster with 3000Mhz being the sweet spot for overclocking Ryzen. The faster the RAM, the higher and more stable your overclocks (with adequate cooling of course) and making sure your motherboard even supports the speeds to begin with.

beinik6

Respectable
Nov 12, 2017

My RAM runs at 3000Mhz and I did overclock my CPU a bit.

The thing is, i dont know tooo much about how well it SHOULD perform. I just see that my PC has some micro stutters in many games so thats why I thought of this. I dont get rid of those stutters..

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador

check to make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date. make sure all directx files are up to date. make sure you have the necessary visual c++ runtime libraries installed.

You can download and install the DirectX SDK from HERE

You can download and install all the Visual C++ Runtime in an all in one package from HERE
(wait a few seconds for the download to start with this one)

then run windows update to make sure you have the latest updates for these files.

beinik6

Respectable
Nov 12, 2017

Well GPU/Chipset drivers are defenetly updated.
Visual C++ and the DirectX things SHOULD be updated (i never updated them myself, i thought windows does that).
Will try the links you gave me when at home.
Any other things I should try then?
If you need some more info ask me.

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012

The CPU is 6 Cores / 12 Threads and mostly will be future proof...as more games will be demanding starting with PUBG (that game puts your hardware GPU to the limit even a GTX 1080 would not get above 60fps max settings 1440P in the early release.
PUBG the way optimization to ensure it uses most of the resource on the GPU and CPU.

Maybe your GPU needs upgrade in future...

beinik6

Respectable
Nov 12, 2017

Yes I did also thought about upgrading my GPU, but I can only do 1 thing for now, cpu or GPU. Also GPU prices are ... you know.