News CPU-Z Dev Throws Cold Water On Gigabyte's 8 GHz World Record

Dr3ams

Reputable
Sep 29, 2021
I already decided to leave Gigabyte out of any future builds, because of the way they reacted to their exploding PSUs. This overclocking PR stunt is just another nail in the coffin.

Reactions: daworstplaya
I wouldn't be surprised if Intel knew about this beforehand and decided to let it slip though since it isn't an issue non-overclockers will run into and it would result in this kind of free publicity.

ThisIsMe

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
I wouldn't be surprised if Intel knew about this beforehand and decided to let it slip though since it isn't an issue non-overclockers will run into and it would result in this kind of free publicity.

It was already pointed out in the article that Intel knew about the issue ahead of time and had already released a fix for the issue. Not really sure what you’re getting at, but it seems highly unlikely that Intel would pretend the flaw doesn’t exist after fixing it, or to pretend their fix didn’t work appropriately. I assume that’s what you’re implying anyway.

Geef

Distinguished
Hey now everyone, don't dump on Gigabyte unless they've earned it!

Oh wait nm, over just the past year they've definitely earned their reputation!

No more
Gigabyte for me!

May 21, 2021
Intel wouldnt do that.
their method of cheating is hiding coolingfrom view and picking only best benchmarks for it. (casue "benchmarks are bad...unless they make us look good")

and i'm more ashamed of the XOC as thats gonna mark his record for long time.
I wasn’t actually talking about intel, I was simply re-wording the quoted post to show how libelous claims can go both ways.

Reactions: hotaru251