Question FPS drops when added 4GB RAM DDR3

Mar 21, 2019
So I few months back in December I had a PC i wanted to upgrade so I can play Fortnite, the problem was my PC had only 4gb RAM inside it and i think 3.87GB was usable, so in the morning when I was going to upgrade the RAM, I downloaded Fortnite so I can test it out how it feels and the FPS was fine n stuff but the structures wasn't loading in because Memory was full so I upgraded it to a 8GB RAM DDR3(my pc is old and everyone in the family uses it) then i redownloaded fortnite, and guess what? My CPU went up and FPS dropped to like 20-40? So I want your guys help on how should I fix it? Do I need to get it fixed? Please Email me on [don't post your email address on the forum] my timeline is GMT+8 thx for your kind consideration

-Skeezy

Mar 21, 2019
i ahd 4gb ram ddr3 before and dfownload fortntie and my memory went up so i bought another 4gb ram so 4 x 2gb ram and my memory is fine but cpu went up and fps drop specs
Pentium G3240
Graphics card HD
RAM 8GB RAM

Jun 28, 2019
i ahd 4gb ram ddr3 before and dfownload fortntie and my memory went up so i bought another 4gb ram so 4 x 2gb ram and my memory is fine but cpu went up and fps drop specs
Pentium G3240
Graphics card HD
RAM 8GB RAM

i have the same problem bro i have the same specs like you but i have 4gb ram i also have problems in fortnite like fps drop and textures not loading :( so i was thinking to ubgrade my ram so will it fixed or no ?

Adding extra memory that has never been tested with your existing memory may cause the memory to no longer be able to operate at rated specifications.

Memory manufaturers guarantee memory in the form sold. Other combinations you decide to make have no guarantee to work together or how they will work if the PC boots up.

Jun 28, 2019
my specs is i3 3220 and 4gb ram ddr3 and gt 1030 and i have alooooot of fps drop and i saw youtube and its runes fine and iam not running any background programes SO i was thinking of ubgrading my ram so i wanted to be sure if this the problem