[SOLVED] CPU

ISHYY123

Prominent
Jan 30, 2020
Hi,

I can't get W10 Home started, the boot manager is missing.

Prior to this problem , I had blue screen syndrome (still have) - Stop code: interrupt exception not handled. The recovery process just goes round and round. I only managed to get it working by pressing F4.

Anyone have any solutions to these issues?

Much appreciated.

Ian

Solution
@ISHYY123
The boot manager is on your hard drive. It seems that your system is having issues accessing your hard drive (this could the reason for the BSOD too).

While this could be due to file corruption (a software issue) it is more likely a hardware issue. If you can get into windows(F4?) I would start by backing up all your data (assuming you have something important).

Next, I would get a new hard drive (or SSD) and try to install a fresh version of windows on it (I am assuming you have a windows product key and installation media ). If you can get a stable version of Windows working again, then I would migrate the backed up data back onto the working drive. If you can't get a new drive to work, then the issue is likely...
@ISHYY123
The boot manager is on your hard drive. It seems that your system is having issues accessing your hard drive (this could the reason for the BSOD too).

While this could be due to file corruption (a software issue) it is more likely a hardware issue. If you can get into windows(F4?) I would start by backing up all your data (assuming you have something important).

Next, I would get a new hard drive (or SSD) and try to install a fresh version of windows on it (I am assuming you have a windows product key and installation media ). If you can get a stable version of Windows working again, then I would migrate the backed up data back onto the working drive. If you can't get a new drive to work, then the issue is likely with other hardware (motherboard probably).

Solution