[SOLVED] Cpu

Solution
Intel doesn't really lower prices so if they do on the 10th gen it'll be quite the surprise.

While that Xeon does have more cores/threads the single core performance is much better on the 9900K so for gaming the i9 should be a lot better. I don't really have the time right now to watch that video but will try to get around to it. If it's true then that would be quite impressive.

At 1440P (or higher) then yes the gaming load shifts a bit more from the CPU to the GPU.

It really comes down to your budget and if you can wait. If you really prefer Intel then wait for LGA1200.

rhazta

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
Also there a video on tech yes city comparing 9900k to a Xeon 2689 with 5700xt the FPS were very similar but the Xeon is lIke $60 usd I am on a budget if it were true I’d get it in a heart beat

WildCard999

Titan
Intel doesn't really lower prices so if they do on the 10th gen it'll be quite the surprise.

While that Xeon does have more cores/threads the single core performance is much better on the 9900K so for gaming the i9 should be a lot better. I don't really have the time right now to watch that video but will try to get around to it. If it's true then that would be quite impressive.

At 1440P (or higher) then yes the gaming load shifts a bit more from the CPU to the GPU.

It really comes down to your budget and if you can wait. If you really prefer Intel then wait for LGA1200.

Solution
How about intel gen 10 will they lower prices? ive used amd for 10+ years dont Feel good about them I Really prefer intel
Intel doesn't exactly lower prices, instead they shift processors into different price brackets as newer product generations release. And they'll have to do this for gen 10, won't they? I mean, if performance continues to lag behind competition...along with power consumption skyrocketing...they have to compete somehow.

Go with Intel if you want. But I'm curious why an Intel fanboy would have stuck with an AMD system for 10 years.

And you really need to get modern with the posts you're reading. There indeed were a lot of problems at/after Ryzen 3000 release, especially for early adopters. Those issues have been fixed really since Oct-Nov last year or whenever motherboard mfr's BIOS' with AGESA 1003abba dropped. Now it's mostly Intel users coming over and not familiar with how Zen 2 works, or the usual run-of-the-mill system build problems.

And there are lots of new AMD system builds going on.

I game on 1440p so I heard gpu>cpu

That seems to be true...and the reason a really cheap 3600 system can compare favorably with a 9900K system at a fraction the total system cost.

Last edited: