CPUZ does not read my overclock..

Fofo

Distinguished
May 18, 2008
So I overclocked my CPU Q9550 from 2.8ghz to 3.2. I used AsusAI and set it to 15% OC. When I right click My Computer, it shows my speed at 3.2, but CPUZ shows my core speed at 2.3?

Can someone please explain to me what is going on..btw it was my first time overclocking.

Yes. Speedstep and C1E are in the bios, they drop cpu speed and voltage to save power at idle.

If you load the system the speed should jump back up.

Looks like your FSB is set to around 377 or so to get 3.2, that would leave you just under 2.3 at idle.

The tell tale sign is if the multiplier is slowing as 6x in cpu-z

Fofo

Distinguished
May 18, 2008
ahh

I just noticed it, and yea it is enabled. No problem I will just leave it that way I guess.

Thanks for the help!

Fofo

Distinguished
May 18, 2008

Nice thanks! I disbaled speedstepup and C1E

That did it, CPUZ now detects my CPU at 3258MHz.

Now I have one last question

Should I leave those two options disabled? Will it effect my performance in any way?

Or is it safer to leave them both enabled. thank you!

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
EIST and C1E do roughly the same thing with subtle differences. I would leave EIST disabled and leave C1E enabled, just my preference.

The only time you need to disable C1E is if it causes your OC to become unstable. It will keep the CPU running a little cooler when it's not loaded. You shouldn't notice any difference in performance, of course if you think there is a difference, then you can always disable it.

Here is some more information.

C2D Not Running Full Speed / Wrong or Low Multiplier

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
keep those clever functions enable if they are stable. if you feel a bit grean leave them on. want to save a few $$ leave them enable.

but you shouldnt notice a performance hit.

again make sure they dont make your system unstable. to test it use it normally. prime wouldnt tell you its stable or not.

i personally leave all of them off to save the hussle.