CPx misreporting memory size. Odd.

Hi.

My CPX tells me I have 256Mb installed. This is shown in BIOS as well.
In fact I only have 128Mb, made up of 2x64Mb sticks.
Odd.

"Spammy Sammy" <Someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> My CPX tells me I have 256Mb installed. This is shown in BIOS as well.
> In fact I only have 128Mb, made up of 2x64Mb sticks.
> Odd.

Pull a SODIMM and see if it picks it up in BIOS. Try both sticks
individually and in each socket if possible. This might help point to a
DIMM with a problem or a system board socket.

Stew

Are you sure they are not 2x128MB? I've never seen this reported wrong.