CR and LA for my next invention

How much should having the following Ghoul/Undead traits raise CR
and LA?

Paralyzing Touch
Darkvision 60'
Immune to mind-affecting effects
Immune to poison.
Immune to paralysis.
Immune to disease
Immune to magical sleep.

Ghouls have 2 HD but are CR 1, so I'm thinking they don't raise CR.
(CR and HD as Warrior, plus these specials and more, less skill
options, vulnerable to turning.)

I'm tempted to say CR + 1 anyway but that's like saying ghouls are
CR 0 without them!

Perhaps if I throw in + 2 HD?

LA is more complex.

Ophidian wrote:
> How much should having the following Ghoul/Undead traits raise CR
> and LA?
>
> Paralyzing Touch
> Darkvision 60'
> Immune to mind-affecting effects
> Immune to poison.
> Immune to paralysis.
> Immune to disease
> Immune to magical sleep.
>
> Ghouls have 2 HD but are CR 1, so I'm thinking they don't raise CR.
> (CR and HD as Warrior, plus these specials and more, less skill
> options, vulnerable to turning.)
>
> I'm tempted to say CR + 1 anyway but that's like saying ghouls are
> CR 0 without them!

No that'd be more like CR 1/2 or 1/4. You are also leaving out major
weakneses which lowers thier CR & LA. They are undead. This means
they don't get any con bonuses, can't be buffed up by a number of
spells which only effect living targets (of course immune to a lot of
spells as well), don't heal on thier own, and can be turned/rebuked or
controlled/destroyed by clerics & paladins, which is the biggie.

> Perhaps if I throw in + 2 HD?

Well we know they are CR 1 with 2 HD.

- justisaur

"Justisaur" <justisaur@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Ophidian wrote:
>> How much should having the following Ghoul/Undead traits raise CR
>> and LA?
>>
>> Paralyzing Touch
>> Darkvision 60'
>> Immune to mind-affecting effects
>> Immune to poison.
>> Immune to paralysis.
>> Immune to disease
>> Immune to magical sleep.
>>
>> Ghouls have 2 HD but are CR 1, so I'm thinking they don't raise CR.
>> (CR and HD as Warrior, plus these specials and more, less skill
>> options, vulnerable to turning.)
>>
>> I'm tempted to say CR + 1 anyway but that's like saying ghouls are
>> CR 0 without them!
>>

> No that'd be more like CR 1/2 or 1/4. You are also leaving out major
> weakneses which lowers thier CR & LA. They are undead. This means
> they don't get any con bonuses, can't be buffed up by a number of
> spells which only effect living targets (of course immune to a lot of
> spells as well), don't heal on thier own, and can be turned/rebuked or
> controlled/destroyed by clerics & paladins, which is the biggie.
>
>> Perhaps if I throw in + 2 HD?
>>

> Well we know they are CR 1 with 2 HD.
>
> - justisaur

Another issue to consider is that when an Undead creature is reduced to 0,
it is destoryed and not simple killed.

Very true, there's no unconcious down to negative -10 either in that
respect.