Cracked LED monitor

samrockp3

Honorable
Apr 27, 2015
Hello, recently out of anger I have punched my monitor dead center. Near the bottom is a crack that looks like a V. On the first day, there were deadspots on both cracks, kinda looked like black ink. Second day, the "ink", was almost gone only showing the cracks. Byut now there is a dark black thick line on both cracks, and its spreading even further by the day. Somebody please help! This is my monitor https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-390-series-24-led-curved-fhd-freesync-monitor-high-glossy-black/5044601.p?skuId=5044601&cmp=RMX&extStoreId=579&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwwo7cBRBwEiwAMEoXPK_tDKJXmSncVkabL-1OmJovFHiH402Cgsg20X1c5XrMA_PHiGZ4eBoCa68QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Solution
I wouldn't call that a bad answer. No one has the tools to repair an LCD, they are disposable devices. The backlight, case, power supply, sure. But not the LCD.

If all you need is a display and you don't care much about how good it is. You can get used and refurbished monitors for very reasonable prices.

I suggest looking at local advertisements, second-hand stores etc.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I wouldn't call that a bad answer. No one has the tools to repair an LCD, they are disposable devices. The backlight, case, power supply, sure. But not the LCD.

If all you need is a display and you don't care much about how good it is. You can get used and refurbished monitors for very reasonable prices.

I suggest looking at local advertisements, second-hand stores etc.

Solution