cracked Packard Bell Easynote PEW96

tazz85

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Hi, I've got this laptop to repair and what I've done it - when I replaced the screen, I kinda damaged maybe the video connector to lcd cable on the motherboard - cause there was smoke and after that - only white screen. I forgot to remove the battery and connected the lcd cable - and there was smoke. Charger doesn't work, so I can't try new one. Replacement screen came with it's own LCD cable. I tried with the old one which I don't know if it works and still white screen. I think I burned the video connector, cause on VGA laptop boots into Vista, but it shows kinda yellowish picture. Buying replacement motherboard will cost me 50 euros.

Not sure what the question is here, if it boots and shows an image it's not likely the motherboard unless the connector is at fault. Check with an external monitor and see if the colors are good. You may need to try another LCD screen and a motherboard.

You may be better off just buying a used one and swapping the hard drive in that, would likely cost the same as buying the motherboard and screen to see where the issue is. Unless you want to take a gamble and buy a new motherboard to try and then return it if that's not it.

How is the battery even charged if the charger does not work?

TRENDING THREADS