[SOLVED] Cracking Noises from the monitor, any help?

Gon01

Prominent
Sep 11, 2019
So I recently bought a new monitor, samsung odyssey g7. When I turn on the monitor (it is not always) I hear a clicking noise. It is not a constant noise, it happens for example every 30 seconds or every 2 minutes, and lasts about 10 minutes until it disappears. But the real problem is when I turn off the monitor when I go to bed, and then there is a noise that always happens when I turn off the monitor. I already thought it was energy related, but I did the test to turn off the monitor and the noises continued. I also researched that it may have to do with thermal expansion, but idk to be honest. if its thermal expension, disappears after a while, or will I have to live with this annoying noise?
I am still within the return period, is it recommended to change?

Solution
yes, it is very capable of being thermal expansion ...
??? Yeah i already know this.... Thank you...... I just said that it's more likely to be this do to after about 5min of being unplugged the extra power in the system should have warn off.... I just didnt realize before he was saying he had the monitor unplugged for longer then this and it would still happen.... Which is why in the end i said again most likely thermal expansion
So I recently bought a new monitor, samsung odyssey g7. When I turn on the monitor (it is not always) I hear a clicking noise. It is not a constant noise, it happens for example every 30 seconds or every 2 minutes, and lasts about 10 minutes until it disappears. But the real problem is when I turn off the monitor when I go to bed, and then there is a noise that always happens when I turn off the monitor. I already thought it was energy related, but I did the test to turn off the monitor and the noises continued. I also researched that it may have to do with thermal expansion, but idk to be honest. if its thermal expension, disappears after a while, or will I have to live with this annoying noise?
I am still within the return period, is it recommended to change?
Yes i would send back to retailer and request a new one

Reactions: Gon01

Gon01

Prominent
Sep 11, 2019
Yes but is generally a power issue with the psu brick it'self or wiring to it
Honestly i think not, this particular monitor comes with the psu off the monitor, and I have already tried disconnecting everything. Sound comes from inside the monitor. that's why I suspect thermal expansion. like the sound its not to loud, and neither does it come from the same side. sometimes it's on the right side and sometimes on the left. but I think that even so I will ask for an exchange, I think it is unacceptable for a 700 € monitor to come with these problems.

Honestly i think not, this particular monitor comes with the psu off the monitor, and I have already tried disconnecting everything. Sound comes from inside the monitor. that's why I suspect thermal expansion. like the sound its not to loud, and neither does it come from the same side. sometimes it's on the right side and sometimes on the left. but I think that even so I will ask for an exchange, I think it is unacceptable for a 700 € monitor to come with these problems.
The psu for the monitor is in the monitor what is sitting outside the monitor is a power converter basically regulating the power to the monitor so it's not over volted or under volted

yes, it is very capable of being thermal expansion ...
??? Yeah i already know this.... Thank you...... I just said that it's more likely to be this do to after about 5min of being unplugged the extra power in the system should have warn off.... I just didnt realize before he was saying he had the monitor unplugged for longer then this and it would still happen.... Which is why in the end i said again most likely thermal expansion

Solution