[SOLVED] Cracking noises in the speaker

Nov 24, 2019
Hi,
on my desktop Computer I get a cracking noise in the external speakers every time the graphic resolution or graphical mode switches. I get his noise especially during the boot process several times. Sometimes that noises also appear, when I click a mouse button.

What can there be done?

Thank you for ideas.
Ferdinand

Solution
Hi,
on my desktop Computer I get a cracking noise in the external speakers every time the graphic resolution or graphical mode switches. I get his noise especially during the boot process several times. Sometimes that noises also appear, when I click a mouse button.

What can there be done?

Thank you for ideas.
Ferdinand
If you are using analog speakers, it's EMI or Electromagnetic interference, which is usually caused by low quality wire, connectors, ports or speaker systems that are picking up the emi from parts inside the computer, including coil whine from the video card or motherboard (most common in this case) or external devices near the computer. It can sometimes be fixed with a ferrite choke or could...
Hi,

What can there be done?

Thank you for ideas.
Ferdinand
If you are using analog speakers, it's EMI or Electromagnetic interference, which is usually caused by low quality wire, connectors, ports or speaker systems that are picking up the emi from parts inside the computer, including coil whine from the video card or motherboard (most common in this case) or external devices near the computer. It can sometimes be fixed with a ferrite choke or could possibly be fixed with either a higher quality wire with high quality connections, higher quality speaker system or good quality PCI/PCIE sound card. The computer case might also not be properly grounded.

Solution