Question Cracking/popping Audio and Out of sync audio --- please help

Mar 28, 2021
Ever since a couple days ago I've been frequently getting this audio issue where it starts to crack/pop which I initially thought was a hardware problem and my headphones broke or the connection, but I later realised that with every audio and video from my PC, the audio becomes desynced with the video, where the audio is actually ahead of the video weirdly enough. So then I realised this was a software issue (or hardware but I'll get to that). Every time I restart my PC it fixes it, but slowly and gradually it comes back, the peaking will reappear and then after a few seconds of a video playing it will start to desync (originally synced.) and like idk what to do. I reinstalled my audio drivers which restarted my PC twice which I initially thought fixed the problem but it came back.

I updated my NVIDIA drivers but didn't fix it, I bought a new soundcard, which didn't fix it, then i tried reinstalling windows, didn't work, and checked if my ram was faulty with memtest (cause syncing issue maybe and i had a theory it started after I launched too many programs?) but no errors. I'm still not sure what triggers it or if its random but i can sometimes go through the whole day and it appearing before I go to bed but other times when it comes back after an hour or two, or less (now sometimes only within a few minutes). Also i ran a virus test and got back with 49 threats (yikes) but it also didn't fix the problem, although initially i thought it did. Then tried CPU fault tester, all pass. Then GPU fault tester, all pass. (At the point just before posting I am 70% sure it now starts from loading too many programs but still I'm really not sure.)

The only thing i can think of that happen before this started was I had a power cut, and like i rarely get powercuts but I did while I was using my PC and since then I think the problem started. Idk if that would have been the cause but I'm worried I had like a powersurge and my motherboard is damaged. But as the same time I think it could be software because why is the audio ahead of the video, but is synced when a video initially plays. Also the powercut was only for a second, then the power was immediately back and my PC turned on again. It was random and I doubt it was a power surge but who knows.

Weird things I've noticed: Twice when restarting when it says "there are still programs that need to be closed" I've seen this program called "CoreSync::(Then a bunch of random characters and letters)" which I've never noticed before. which is suspicious. Also I feel like the cracking would come back when I open too many programs maybe. Well recently I've noticed it come back soon after launching photoshop, clip studio paint, premiere, spotify, ect. But I could just be imagining it, im not 100% it gets caused after launching them. I also think that its coming back faster and faster after each restart, but that might be my imagination aswell.

(This was written and added to over the course of several days.)

I don't know how important or specific this is but here are my exact specs:
Motherboard: ASUS STRIX B250F GAMING Motherboard - Black (Socket 1151/B250/DDR4/S-ATA 600/ATX)
GPU: GIGABYTE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 G1 GAMING
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2 GHz QuadCore 8MB Cache Processor
RAM: Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX 32 GB (4x8 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz C15 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit - Black
Power Supply: Corsair CP-9020098-UK VS Series ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Power Supply Unit, 650 W

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS