Reputable
Jul 9, 2015
System:
CPU: Ryzen 3900x
GPU: Power Color 5700XT Red Devil
Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P
RAM: 32 GB Trident Z Neo 3600 Mhz
PSU: Corsair RM750

Basically when I listen to music on either Spotify, of watch a Youtube video, well, the sound makes crackels a lot. Sometimes it's not as much (but it is there), and sometimes it's just through an entire video or song. I have, however, noticed that it is particular bad when I full screen a Youtube video (1440), compared to a minimized view. But when I look at t he performace it's not even breaking 10%, and again, it still does it, although not as much, if it's near 1-2%.

I have updated all the AMD drivers, I have checked it with multiple headsets, and on the internal audio system from the motherboard, and my brand new external audio interface from Audient (ID22).

So yeah, what on earth could be causing this ? Again, I have updated almost everything, so it shouldn't be a driver problem (unless I have forgotten something).

Thanks in advance.

I ha

Solution
Looks like you have to try it in different ways if you have patience. I see you doubt your GPU/Computer problem.
I will make it simple for you as I can completely understand your situation.

Before going with anything, try to use your external audio interface on another system. If it works well, then there is something to do with your system or, if you see the same problem on the other side then you know what it needs to be done. Step by step we will be closer to your problem. Let me know once you try these options. :)

ben001

Distinguished
Okay, One last thing I would ask you to visit the Audient official website and try to find the latest firmware or any updated download available for your model ID22. Uninstall your current version/ latest and reinstall it freshly with a nice reboot. See if that fixes the issue.
Or,
If that doesn't help you, It will be hard for me to judge from here without seeing it. :)

Lynild

Reputable
Jul 9, 2015
Okay, One last thing I would ask you to visit the Audient official website and try to find the latest firmware or any updated download available for your model ID22. Uninstall your current version/ latest and reinstall it freshly with a nice reboot. See if that fixes the issue.
Or,
If that doesn't help you, It will be hard for me to judge from here without seeing it. :)
I can give it another try. However, as I said, this crackling also happens if I just connect my headphones to the direct input on my computer, i.e. circumventing the external audio interface. That's what make it strange for me. It seems to be something else that the sound ports/interfaces, and more of a GPU/Computer problem.

ben001

Distinguished
Looks like you have to try it in different ways if you have patience. I see you doubt your GPU/Computer problem.

Before going with anything, try to use your external audio interface on another system. If it works well, then there is something to do with your system or, if you see the same problem on the other side then you know what it needs to be done. Step by step we will be closer to your problem. Let me know once you try these options. :)

Solution

Lynild

Reputable
Jul 9, 2015

That's quite okay. I'm ready to try everything :)
I have not tried it on my laptop, and I have none of the issues from my desktop computer. So no crackling noises or anything.

However, I have just tried the same Youtube video, and same resolution, as when I'm using Brave (Chrome based browser), and I didn't seem to have any issues there (at least for that video). But if I turned back to the Brave browser, boom, the crackling sound began again.

So maybe it's a browser dependent thing ?
It just seems weird, that a computer as powerful as this, shouldn't be able to watch a video on Brave/Chrome without it affecting the sound. Or maybe that's just me :/

Last edited:

ben001

Distinguished
I am pleased that your problem is now solved.

I have never seen this sort of fix before, when problems like this happen with one's system then it is a pain to figure it out and I already made my statement before that it is really hard to identify such problems. Indeed weird. You have also helped me to understand more about this problem. I appreciate you for that.

Enjoy :)

Edit: One more thing, I would ask you to contact Brave support and let them know about this problem. It seems to be more of a software issue rather than hardware.

Last edited: