Crackle every time I hear Windows notification sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hootla1

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
Every time I hear a Windows notification sound such as plugging my phone in, or changing the volume, I hear a crackle noise before the sound. It doesn't happen when I watch YouTube videos, just seems to be Windows sounds.

Any help? Thanks

Solution
Is it every Windows sound, or just some of them? For instance, if you log into your user on the computer, do you hear a crackle in the 'welcome music' that plays, or if you go and test your speakers by going to your playback devices, right clicking your default one, and hitting test.

Either way, it's probably some something corrupted with Windows. Try updating to the latest version of Windows, or doing a repair with a recovery disk if it's annoying you.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Just checking...one never knows.

Could be a grounding issue or a speaker lug not fully inserted into the speaker output port. What make/model motherboard (or soundcard) are you using?

Have you checked your physical connections? Are your speakers plugged into the rear panel or front panel ports? Does adjusting the volume on the speakers result in static?

Is it every Windows sound, or just some of them? For instance, if you log into your user on the computer, do you hear a crackle in the 'welcome music' that plays, or if you go and test your speakers by going to your playback devices, right clicking your default one, and hitting test.

Either way, it's probably some something corrupted with Windows. Try updating to the latest version of Windows, or doing a repair with a recovery disk if it's annoying you.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.