Question crackling audio, can't solve [solved]

pkrahn

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2014
[edit: i think it's solved, updated bios, seems better for now]

The crackling has gotten so bad recently I can hardly use my computer, so annoying! Maybe someone can recommend more things to try.

I replaced the drivers but no help, also it's the same whether I use the internal Realtek audio card or the external one from Focusrite.

I replaced the audio cable, no help.

I changed the bitrate, and removed exclusivity, and there's no enhancements used.

I thought it might just be happening when my computer power usage got too high, because it looks like it's constantly "very high" and while that does seem to make it worse, it's also doing it when there's not much happening on my machine.

Hmm what else... I reinstalled the codec pack. And I think I tried some other things I can't remember at the moment.

Anything else it could be?

Last edited:

pkrahn

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2014
Also, I used LatencyMon which is supposed to help troubleshoot audio issues, it said "Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.

I see that System Interrupts as throttling enabled in the task manager, but not sure what to do with that. Haven't tried anything in BIOS, scared to mess around in there.