Question Crackling Distortion Noise When Playing Game

Dec 2, 2019
Problem: When playing game, audio crackles and distorts to the point of being inaudible.

Hello, my friend wanted me to buy the Rainbow Six Siege game recently. Whenever I go into a match the audio gets all crackled and distorted. When I launch the game it was fine with the audio, even on the main menu. My friend and I use Discord to talk remotely and I cannot understand one thing he is saying when this happens.

I did a test with my laptop, seeing if it was just my headphones and it seems to be. I went into a game with my Logitech G430 headphones and it was all distorted. I then tested my old Altec Lansing computer speakers with going into a match and it worked fine.

The Logitech headphones are plugged into a USB port on the laptop. The Logitech wire apparently has a built in sound card where it splits out 2 separate channels, microphone and headphone. The computer speakers are just plugged in through the headphone jack that goes to the audio controller.

Computer Specs:
HP Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb0xx
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1050 TI
CPU - Intel Core i7 7700HQ (Intel HD Graphics 630)
RAM - Unknown Company 16GB
Mother Board - HP 836B (U3E1)
SSD - SanDisk SD8SN8U-128G-1006 (SSD)
Hard Drive - HGST HTS721010A9E630
Windows 10 Home

Sound Cards:
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Intel Display Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
Logitech G430 Gaming Headset

Sound card USB plug shown here:

Anyways, if anyone has any idea of whats going on or if you need anymore info about anything, please reply to this.

Thanks,
Mason

Also don't judge me on my tech talk, i'm not too good at this stuff. ;)

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts