RocektDakota

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
So this started no more than a month ago. I didn't know about this until i was in a call and my friend said there was this loud crackling noise going through my mic. At first i put it off as my xlr cable cuz that's happened in the past. But it seemed to be constant and didn't change no matter where i put the cable. I then used audacity to check how bad it was and it was terrible. It sometimes got so bad it would drown out my voice. But here's the real kicker. Turns out that when i unplug my mic from my interface, the crackling never stops. Doesn't lower or higher, its the exact same as when the mic was plugged in. I've tried reinstalling the drivers like a lot of posts have said but that never seemed to work. If anyone has a way to fix this plz let me know.

WolfandTheJoker

Commendable
Dec 2, 2019
could be faulty port usually crackling for me is caused by a short (nothing too serious). Normally i would say the wire on your mic is going out but considering it does it regardless of it being plugged in......hmm suspicious.

Does the port look damaged in any way

RocektDakota

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
could be faulty port usually crackling for me is caused by a short (nothing too serious). Normally i would say the wire on your mic is going out but considering it does it regardless of it being plugged in......hmm suspicious.

Does the port look damaged in any way
Not in any way i can tell. It and the second xlr port look basically identical

RocektDakota

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
Maybe you can disable it in device manager. The use a USB support mic?
well the thing is it does it anytime it gets power. I can see the ring glowing which means its picking up audio, yet my mic isn't even connected rn. I wish there was some way for me to mute the first port and use the second one as my mic port but i can't find anything saying how to do that.

RocektDakota

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
Maybe you can disable it in device manager. The use a USB support mic?
ok so i found out there is a way to do what i said so that's what i'm doing rn. the only problem is i cant fully mute the other port so even when the gain is all the way down its ever so faint. But that's easy to edit out. Sorry if i wasted any of your time and thank so much for even responding in the first place.