[SOLVED] Crackling noise whenever I plug my headphones into PC

xVFallen_KingVx

Reputable
Oct 19, 2019
Whenever I connect my headphones to my PC I just get crackling noises. My PC doesn't have any sound either, I can only connect my headphones to my monitor. Whenever I do a sound test it shows that sound is being played but nothing comes into my headphones, only crunching/crackling noises. I've redownloaded the drivers. Help? Thanks in advance.

Solution
Yes to the first question but if I use one of those 5$ ones will I get worse audio?
So does the port works with other earphones and all?? See the fact is usb port isn't made for audio purposes except for some cases where audio interface use them or some headphones come with usb to 3.5mm adapter, all these have their own software which is tuned to their hardware and they give the best sound. And the Razer USB enhancer is being sold for 20 bucks on their page. However what about the front panel jack???

Link for razer usb enhancer
https://www.razer.com/streaming-accessories/razer-usb-audio-enhancer/RZ19-02310100-R3M1
Whenever I connect my headphones to my PC I just get crackling noises. My PC doesn't have any sound either, I can only connect my headphones to my monitor. Whenever I do a sound test it shows that sound is being played but nothing comes into my headphones, only crunching/crackling noises. I've redownloaded the drivers. Help? Thanks in advance.
Im sure you might have test your headphones with your phone, and if its working then most probably your audio jack on your pc is loose.

xVFallen_KingVx

Reputable
Oct 19, 2019
Im sure you might have test your headphones with your phone, and if its working then most probably your audio jack on your pc is loose.
Found out something in my case shorted out the mobo. The audio worked when the mobo outside the case. Couldn't find the thing that was shorting it (cables were fine, no loose screws) so I just gave up. I think I'll just buy a 3.5mm to USB adapter.

So if I connect the USB 3.5 I'll have no problems? Also, is the loose audio port on the mobo? Since the audio worked when it was outside the case.
Yes it should work with the usb, do you use you audio port alot because due to plug in plug out the port gets loose and when you plug it in it works only in some position, maybe when you plugged it in it was working because it was in some position where it works all i can say is get usb to 3.5 and it won't happen most probably:)

Oh ok. Thanks for the help!! Should I get something like the "Razer USB Audio Enhancer?" It's 30$ and there are some cheaper 3.5mm to USB out there but I was wondering if I should pay extra for the reliability?
Did you check your port with other earphones or headphones?? About the razer i cant say anything about it ,haven't seen people using it alot and $30 is kinda to much but if you want youcan consider it as razer is respected brand and you might get better quality audio.

xVFallen_KingVx

Reputable
Oct 19, 2019
Did you check your port with other earphones or headphones?? About the razer i cant say anything about it ,haven't seen people using it alot and $30 is kinda to much but if you want youcan consider it as razer is respected brand and you might get better quality audio.
Yes to the first question but if I use one of those 5$ ones will I get worse audio?

So does the port works with other earphones and all?? See the fact is usb port isn't made for audio purposes except for some cases where audio interface use them or some headphones come with usb to 3.5mm adapter, all these have their own software which is tuned to their hardware and they give the best sound. And the Razer USB enhancer is being sold for 20 bucks on their page. However what about the front panel jack???

https://www.razer.com/streaming-accessories/razer-usb-audio-enhancer/RZ19-02310100-R3M1

Solution

xVFallen_KingVx

Reputable
Oct 19, 2019

Yes it doesn't work with any other headphones. It works with USB audio though, so I assumed it would work if I used my headphones as a USB output.