Question Crackling sound. I've tried reinstalling/updating the sound driver, official driver updates, and a few settings. Still crackling

BlackBeetle

Honorable
Apr 17, 2015
Hello folks.

I've recently bought an HP Pavilion ( 15-dk1011np ) and I've noticed I have crackling sound. It's pretty noticeable. For instance, using the "test" feature to test the sound is enough to get a couple of cracks.
So far, I've noticed the crackling in these situations:
1: Through the speakers
2: Through the 3.5mm jack
3: Though the USB-C port (USB-C to 3.5 jack converter from Samsung)

The ONLY situation that I've noticed that the sound doesn't crack, is through USB headphones. So basically with the dedicated sound software from the headphones.
So far, I've disabled/reinstalled the sound driver from device manager, I've tried to force an update through device manager / windows update, but no luck. I've went to the HP website and downloaded the updated sound driver, again, no luck. I've also tried to disable enhancements, change audio quality from DVD to Studio and vice-versa (no other options), and nothing.
I'm at a loss. Is the sound card from the motherboard defective?

Also, might be worth saying that I've yet to activate windows. This is actually the 2nd laptop since the 1st came with a defective screen. I've yet to activate windows because I don't really want to waste money on buying a windows key only to return the laptop for the 2nd time. Could this be related to this?