Question crap keyboard

waymcc

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2014
I have a blackweb silent wireless keyboard that I use with my Smart TV. The friggin M stays down when pushed, so does the spacebar sometimes. Can anyone recommend a fix?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I suppose you could attempt to take it apart and see if anything is on/under the key and so forth. I am not familiar with that specific keyboard, but in my own past experience, if it is a membrane keyboard a fix likely isn't going to work unless something like cola or such sticky under the key.

I use the Logitech K400 series keyboards for my living room game/HTPC. They cost ~$20 and have a couple of versions in regard to where the 'media' keys are. I have had exceptional service out of them. In my own use the most common failure seems to be the on/off switch.

Edit- it just occurred to me that you mention (only) Smart TV. Are you using this by way of Bluetooth connection only with the TV or is there a PC in between?
If Bluetooth the above suggestion isn't going to work, so far as I know, because the K400 uses a dongle. I am not aware that a smart TV can connect that way?