[SOLVED] Crappy resolution after moving build, problems with GPU

Apr 4, 2019
So I tried moving my build two days ago, putting it into a new case. While disassemblying the old one, I couldn’t get to pull the GPUs out (used quite a bit of force, nothing broke audibly or visually). Figured out I have to just press the lever thingy to make it release my GPUs (I run 2 970s on a Asus z97 pro gamer). After putting all the stuff into the new case (my first time building a PC), I encountered crappy resolution and Device manager only seeing one 970. I figured I had to upgrade the drivers, but no luck as they won’t update (even though it says installation complete). In device manager I noticed “code 43”, but it sometimes goes away, but I still can’t do anything. I tried removing the drivers through Control Panel, and then reinstalling them, but while reinstalling, the nvidia software says it can’t detect any compatible hardware. Any help?

Solution
Turns out 1 pin in the second PCIE jumped out of where it’s supposed to be and messed everything up, including my drivers. So now only the top/primary PCIE is usable and after a clean install of windows, it works amazingly! Going to probably sell both of my GPUs and buy a 2070. If anyone has this issue, please check your PCIE pins.
Apr 4, 2019
Turns out 1 pin in the second PCIE jumped out of where it’s supposed to be and messed everything up, including my drivers. So now only the top/primary PCIE is usable and after a clean install of windows, it works amazingly! Going to probably sell both of my GPUs and buy a 2070. If anyone has this issue, please check your PCIE pins.

Solution