Crash after/during BIOS screen

Ccharge

Commendable
Mar 26, 2016
So, I built a computer for the first time a couple days ago. I was able to play for about a day before I experienced a random computer lockup while gaming. I was able to start the computer the next day, but it crashed a few time more while just browsing the internet. Now it crashes either right after the BIOS screen or on it while there's the spinning icon that is windows 10 loading. I never make it to the login screen.

I tried formatting my SSD, reinstalling windows, resetting bios, and checking for loose connections or power issues.

I am only able to begin installing windows 10 in safe mode, but it fails after it resets the computer and attempts to load windows normally.

I have a suspicion that it is the memory, but was looking for opinions of people more experienced then myself before I go RMA parts.

I will also add that the reason I did this build is because my old PC started randomly crashing (In a similar matter as this new PC). I never sourced the problem but reused the HDD in the new build after I had installed windows on the SSD on my new build. I figured if the HDD had a problem it would become clear in the new build. I did not format the HDD as I was planning on doing that after moving some files to the SSD. I have since removed the HDD and formatted the SSD but wasn't sure if this could be part of the problem.

If you were trying to boot from the old hdd (if it had an OS on it) you will have probs. If it was in something else

Test the ram with memtest+

If it's crashing is it bluescreening or rebooting? Depending on what youre going to move from the hdd to the ssd

You cant move programs. They wont work. You'll have to reinstall them on the ssd

Ccharge

Commendable
Mar 26, 2016
Currently attempting to boot from the SSD. I formatted the SSD and removed the HDD from the PC, and was/am still getting crashes.

The crashes are the PC locking up for 30 seconds followed by a screen telling me windows encountered an error and is going to reset my computer.

Ccharge

Commendable
Mar 26, 2016
Windows install is the USB install that you can purchase.

I deleted all partitions from the SSD and formatted.

Not installing in safe mode results in crashes while loading the windows installer.

I would get the iso with the mediacreation tool and use rufus to put it on a flash drive. See if it crashes again. Remember to get the same version that you were installing

If that works then either the flash drive or the install you've got is stuffed somehow