Crash after successful stress test

Hari Krishna

Honorable
May 1, 2013
I hav Oc'd my 4770k to 4.4ghz at 1.27 v, sometimes after a succesful stress test, i get bsod 0X124. it happens after i click stop in aida64 or after some 30 secs.

Specs:
Asus Maximus VI Hero
Corsair Vengeance 1600 8*2
Swiftech H320 Cpu cooler
Neutron GTX SSD
Geforce GTX 780ti
Corsair AX860 PSU

Please help.

Solution
It's a simple matter of supplying enough CPU voltage to stabilize the overclock, if you cannot keep it cool enough then you may have to either lower your overclock sights, or invest in better cooling.

Anyway you look at it, a certain level of overclock will always take a certain amount of voltage to stabilize, and if you are experiencing crashing you are simply not supplying enough CPU voltage.

You increase CPU voltage in one step at a time increments, you do not jump to a higher voltage without testing lower possibilities, because it can also crash from applying too much voltage as well.

Good Luck!

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
It sounds like you're not stable at those settings. Try backing off the OC settings a bit and see if it still happens. When you say it's after you click stop do you mean you click stop and it freezes or does it take a few seconds?

Hari Krishna

Honorable
May 1, 2013

yes, you are right.first i had bsod when i clicked stop after 2 hours of aida64. now Im having random bsod (0X124) Uncorrectable hardware error. i loaded optimized defaults , and then everything is perfectly fine.do u suggest increasing the vcore? or does DRAM voltage hav anything to do with this?..i hav set RAM to default clock and voltages all through my ocing.

poco242

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
I use Prime95 to stress test.

I am OC'ing right now and got the same BS code 124 after an hour on Prime95. I upped the Vcore a tad and it made it past that mark. 124 usually means you need more VCore.

Hari Krishna

Honorable
May 1, 2013

i will try 1.3 volts , i think my h320 can handle that

Hari Krishna

Honorable
May 1, 2013

looks stable at 1.282 v. thanks man

i will b watching for another 2 days, i ll let you know :)

It's a simple matter of supplying enough CPU voltage to stabilize the overclock, if you cannot keep it cool enough then you may have to either lower your overclock sights, or invest in better cooling.

Anyway you look at it, a certain level of overclock will always take a certain amount of voltage to stabilize, and if you are experiencing crashing you are simply not supplying enough CPU voltage.

You increase CPU voltage in one step at a time increments, you do not jump to a higher voltage without testing lower possibilities, because it can also crash from applying too much voltage as well.

Good Luck!

Solution

Hari Krishna

Honorable
May 1, 2013
Thanks Ryan, I will try to increase the voltage , i gues .025 v increments are safe, i use h320 from swiftech with noctua nf-f12 fans in pull and the stock fans in push. what voltage do you recommend for a 4.4 ghz overclock on 4770k?

my cpu is not that much of a great overclocker.

Hari Krishna

Honorable
May 1, 2013

Thanks poco. It really helped

TRENDING THREADS