Question Crash and XMP problem

Jul 26, 2020
Several times ago i bought a Computer with a X370 Gaming k7 and a ryzen 7 1700X and 16gb DDR4 3200mhz G.SKILL. There was a problem with rams and i got a new rams. Now i noticed that there still are problems: sometimes the PC doesn't read all 16gb in windows, In single Channel mode it works fine, and still in dual channel mode without XMP profilw (but sometimes it crashes, rare). If I enable XMP the PC goes very bad ( BSOD, freezes ecc). Moreover, if I move the case, the PC crashes, i tried to reseat Ram and GPU, but the only result is that the rams work in Dual Channel but without XMP.

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need more information. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

Include the version of BIOS your motherboard is on at the moment. Have you tried manually inputting the timings, voltage and frequency for your ram kit in BIOS?

Jul 26, 2020
We're going to need more information. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU: Ryzen 7 1700X
Motherboard: Gigabyte X370 gaming k7
Ram: Gskill 16GB 3200MHZ CL16 2x(f4-3200c16-8gtzr)
SSD/HDD: 850 evo 500gb principal
GPU: GTX1080 Aorus
PSU: EVGA 650G2

Include the version of BIOS your motherboard is on at the moment. Have you tried manually inputting the timings, voltage and frequency for your ram kit in BIOS?
I tried to updatw to last version of the bios and reset.
I used auto profile but when i Turn on xmp the pc doens't start and it start witouth xmp or with a lot of problems

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2020
If your hardware is good then the voltage needs increased in BIOS.

If your hardware is good then the voltage needs increased in BIOS.
So I set auto profile and it show me 1.35V
I need to set the voltage higher? 1.35 is official XMP voltage. Can I try a lower frequency if it can't run 3200?
For the bump problem, could they be related?
I've a Noctua nh d15 and it is big and heavy. I didn't aseembled the central block (Mobo Ram and CPU)
If I reseat rams sometimes the pc recognise 8gb reserved for hardware

It is recommended that the CPU thermal interface material [TIM] be replaced every year. Beyond that, as a CPU and motherboard age the ICs can degrade over time. Try cleaning everything with canned air [get it at Wal-Mart or many other places], after cleaning with air, remove the RAM sticks and clean the slots, then reinstall the RAM.

In general because components can degrade over time more voltage is necessary either on the CPU, the RAM or both.

Clean everything first then increase RAM voltage .005 volts at a time until it is stable. If that does not work set the RAM voltage to 1.45 volts then increase the CPU voltage .005 volts until it is stable. Once the computer is stable after increasing voltages begin reducing the RAM voltage .010 volts at a time until it is unstable then bump the voltage on the RAM up a little until the system is stable.

Jul 26, 2020
It is recommended that the CPU thermal interface material [TIM] be replaced every year. Beyond that, as a CPU and motherboard age the ICs can degrade over time. Try cleaning everything with canned air [get it at Wal-Mart or many other places], after cleaning with air, remove the RAM sticks and clean the slots, then reinstall the RAM.

In general because components can degrade over time more voltage is necessary either on the CPU, the RAM or both.

Clean everything first then increase RAM voltage .005 volts at a time until it is stable. If that does not work set the RAM voltage to 1.45 volts then increase the CPU voltage .005 volts until it is stable. Once the computer is stable after increasing voltages begin reducing the RAM voltage .010 volts at a time until it is unstable then bump the voltage on the RAM up a little until the system is stable.
I cleaned dusts days ago
I reseated Ram ram a lot of times with all possible configuration until the pc read all 16Gb in dual Channel
I didn't chenged Tim but temperatures are ok
I'm worried to set voltage higher due to bump problem. If I move pc it crashes. Do I need to reseat all? I've got several Hard Drives and heavy Heatcooler and GPU. It so stressing to do in summer with high temperature.