diggzy

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
ok here is wats happening im playing lord of the rings online and at random times lotro crashs or i get Blue screen of dealth with physical memory dump. get back to windows and look at event view and im geting all these errors and stuff

1)

Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x001E8C1C6C75. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

2)

Faulting application name: lotroclient.exe, version: 2.2.1.4076, time stamp: 0x4976fb4d
Faulting module name: nvwgf2um.dll, version: 7.15.11.8122, time stamp: 0x496ec2ca
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0015c330
Faulting process id: 0xce0
Faulting application start time: 0x01c98f44e48e8f90
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Codemasters\The Lord of the Rings Online\lotroclient.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\nvwgf2um.dll
Report Id: b08a2f80-fb3a-11dd-be1d-001e8c1c6c75

3)
Element Provider\Microsoft.Base.Publication/Publication/Computer failed to publish. Ensure that both PKEY_PUBSVCS_METADATA and PKEY_PUBSVCS_TYPE are set properly on the function instance and there were no errors adding the function instance.

4)
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0x022f17d9, 0x919d9300, 0x919d8ee0). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 021509-15709-01.

5)
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

thats just the short list :/

im running windows 7 (beta).i did have vista installed and was told to install the new beta for windows 7 to see if that sorts the problems out but still the same ?

iv got a
ASUS M2N-SLI AM2 NVIDIA nForce 560
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Black Edition AM2
OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 / 800 MHz / Reaper HPC Edition / Dual Channel did have 4 gig at the start of the problem but started to swap and change memory, but no luck .
GeForce 8800GT 512 video card
SB X-fi extreme gamer sound card

if anybody has any ideas or fixs thanks :)

iv changed the memory voltage to 2.1v as what it should be
moved the ram and reseated it

disabled sound card and still the same and now im out of ideas :/

If Vista crashed, then Windows 7 will also crash. The support person who made that recommendation wasn't very helpful. You'll have to identify the hardware issue and correct it. Are you overclocking?

What PSU do you have? Did you try a different quality PSU?

Is the memory configured as per the JEDEC timings and voltage or EPP? Have you tried other modules? Are your modules on the QVL?

diggzy

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
its a fairly new PSU its 650w,its not overclocked. i underclocked the cpu coz its hiting 60c in game and the ram i have 2x2GB of the Ocz reaper in took one ram stick out with no joy. i went to my motherboard website and they said this

"The issue may be related to the voltage setting of your memory modules. The standard operating voltages of DDR2 and DDR3 memory modules, as defined by JEDEC, are 1.8V and 1.5V, respectively. However, some of the memory modules require higher operating voltage than JEDEC’s standards. In such case, the memory may sometimes not be able to function properly without enough voltage.

When you encounter instability issue, please first check the operating voltage of your memory modules, and please manually set the memory voltage accordingly in the BIOS."

iv changed the voltage but with no joy i mean sometime it can play for hours think its fixed but then it can crash and BSOD about 15time in an hour all hardware drivers are new up to date and its not showing any problems

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, but is 60°C very hot? It definitely isn't for an Intel Core 2 or Quad CPU.

If the system randomly crashes, then I'd try with a different quality PSU. A 650W PSU means nothing at all. A quality 500W PSU is more than enough for that system.

diggzy

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
i dnt know wat make it is but when it cost 50£ lol i think it will do its ATX 2 as well so i know its not that old and for the QVL my ram is not on there but its one of the best on the market i know that

Unfortunately having the best RAM on the market doesn't help if the motherboard isn't fully compatible with it, but I doubt the RAM is causing the issue if the timings and voltage are set as per the specifications.

The price of a PSU doesn't always indicate it's quality. What model is it?

If it isn't the PSU or the RAM, then you'll have to start replacing the motherboard, CPU, etc.

OlisJ

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
I have same Asus chipset with 2 GF8800GT working as SLI and same 2x core CPU, I have same issues. none of driver versions fixed the issue. There is a work around the problem. You can set affinity to single CPU core aftwr launching the game and experience faultless gaming.

It looks like there is a problem somewhere if more than one CPU is assigned to lotroclient.exe or any other game using nvidia's driver and running on similar systems.