Crash Dump as soon as game starts

Josh Doman

Reputable
Apr 6, 2015
I've recently upgraded my cpu from a amd athlon II x2 2.8ghz to a amd phenom II x4 3.2ghz. At first my computer would just crash at the desktop screen( with in 10 mins of being on) and then I found out I needed to reset my CMOS. I did that and it no longer crashes when idle.

The problem now, it crashes during a game I play(Titanfall). I can load up the game and sit in a lobby, but as soon as the actual match starts the game crashes. I can't even select my gun or Titan.

There is one thing that works. I can turn off two of my cores in the bios, so I'm only using 2 of the 4. I can play the game for hours with no issues. I would like to be able to use them all though.

I've ran the memtest a couple times with no issues. Any further help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

My specs are:

Mobo: ASROCK N68-VS3 UCC
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 3.2ghz
GPU: Evga GeForce GTX 750i
RAM: 2 sticks of 4G 1600mhz DDR3
HDD: 1 T
PSU 520 watts

Vynavill

Honorable
First of all, is your motherboard compatible? Its product page specifies Phenom II x4s are supported, but not all of them, namely 920 and 940 models.

The socket might let them fit, but using them might bring up these issues.

While from 7 and upwards the system is usually clever enough to detect changes and comply with them (set aside changing the GPU from an AMD to an Nvidia), an OS reinstall is usually needed as well when you're changing either the motherboard or the CPU family, so you might indeed need to reinstall yours as advised by Vice.

Vice93

Reputable
Jul 3, 2014

Sounds like a good idea. Lets hope it gets fixed with that! :)

Josh Doman

Reputable
Apr 6, 2015
Soooooo, I re installed windows without unlocking my other two cores (I had a complete brain fart and was to eager to just get this down with). But once i did go back into the bios and unlock them and I got back to the desktop screen it downloaded two drivers for the cores I had just unlocked. So I was think everything was going to be ok, but I was wrong..... It crash dumped again and this time it was while i was re-installing my game and watching a youtube video at the same time. Should I go back and reinstall the OS again and make sure this time that all 4 of my cores are unlocked?

Vynavill

Honorable
Hmm I'm not so sure in this case...
So far as youtube goes, AMD has a rough history with their hardware and internet hardware acceleration settings (had so many IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screens that I've literally lost count).

Anyways, windows should have created an event log entry and a "minidump" file for the BSoD under the "#:\Windows\Minidump\" folder. Could you please upload the said log here or the minidump file somewhere else? Or even better, both...
It should be faster to actually identify the issue this way.

As a side note, before trying anything else, make sure everything is at their stock clocks. If anything is overclocked, either from BIOS or software settings, bring it back to stock.

Josh Doman

Reputable
Apr 6, 2015
Sorry about the delay, been very busy this month. I'm still trying to fix this issue and I'm not sure how to open a dump file. A new .dmp was created today when I tried to play Titanfall (crashed after about 2 minutes in the match usually crashes in 10 seconds of match, so I was very hopeful =( ). Any help with this will be appreciated. Sorry again.

Vynavill

Honorable
If it's a small one, upload it somewhere (e.g. Mega or a Google Drive public folder), then write out the link here. That way someone can analyze it if you don't want or can't get it done.
Otherwise, you need to download, configure and use WinDBG to do it on your own.

Still, you should wait in doing so. Look in the Windows Event Viewer (Start -> Control Panel -> Admin. tools -> Event Viewer), under administrative events.
With luck, you shall find the cause there.

Josh Doman

Reputable
Apr 6, 2015
These are some of the events I'm getting.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{C97FCC79-E628-407D-AE68-A06AD6D8B4D1}
and APPID
{344ED43D-D086-4961-86A6-1106F4ACAD9B}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Name resolution for the name lh5.googleusercontent.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Faulting application name: TitanFall.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5420d832
Faulting module name: dxgi.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16492, time stamp: 0x50f30fbd
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000022f56
Faulting process id: 0x1a30
Faulting application start time: 0x01d084a09e380caa
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Titanfall\TitanFall.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\dxgi.dll
Report Id: f1f4c0b5-f09c-11e4-ada2-002522eca341

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{C97FCC79-E628-407D-AE68-A06AD6D8B4D1}
and APPID
{344ED43D-D086-4961-86A6-1106F4ACAD9B}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Vynavill

Honorable
Sorry for the delay (busy, busy, busy >_<)

You can pretty much ignore the audit drop, bad shutdown and DNS errors if they're single, isolated events. It's bad if they continuously happen, but they can happen every once in a while (especially the bad shutdown one if you press the reset button or due to a power outage, for example)

Regarding the local launch permission issue (same issue, two different records), follow the instructions available on the technet answer below. https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/dfc465bc-7bbd-483e-b98b-2ba56fa98313/the-applicationspecific-permission-settings-do-not-grant-local-launch-permission-for-the-com-server?forum=configmgrgeneral
It likely isn't the issue that's causing the crashes, but it shouldn't be left behind.

Regarding the dxgi issue, being most likely the culprit, download and install the latest DirectX runtimes. Looks like a file might have broken down (or might have not been installed at all due to your previous OS reinstall). Also, just in case, make sure your drivers are up to date and run a repair of Titanfall through Origin, in case it's using any custom DLLs that need to be fixed.

I'll try giving a look at the dumps once I'm back home

EDIT: The dumps are about AMD hardware-related errors, one caused by chrome and the other by Titanfall. Did you update your drivers after the OS reinstall?
If you can, download and install 14.12 Omega drivers; I've seen the latest GTA-optimized drivers (should be 15.4) bring a couple issues to various friends, and read the same on the internet.

Josh Doman

Reputable
Apr 6, 2015
You guys have been awesome and a great help! Thank you! But... ugh! It crashed again, I updated my drivers and was actually able to play titanfall for like 2hrs!! It crashed on my last game for the night (go figure). When i got back to the desktop screen a BC Code 124 was listed as the cause. I guess this could be a hardware issue or over heating. I'll upload the crash file when i get home in a few hours. Thanks again for all the help!

Vynavill

Honorable
I'll be giving that dump another look in 12 hours (likely), albeit I think the cause will most likely be the same. In the meantime, follow Vice's advice and post your temperatures, just in case. In this case, it shouldn't be about temps, but they're still worth to be noted.

Vynavill

Honorable
Good point there, and you actually made me notice something Vice...
1) I keep forgetting AMD has "Black Editions" >_>
2) For some reason I thought the OP had an AMD GPU too, while he has an Nvidia one (hence the Omega drivers are absolutely useless and actually break pretty much everything up)

The common 955 is rated for 95w, but the BE model goes up to 125w. It's up to the OP to clarify that, possibly via Cpu-Z. I sincerely hope it's not the case, as it would mean either a new CPU or MoBo is in order, which most likely means another OS reinstall and more loss of time.

EDIT: Getting more likely. In short, the latest crash is related to AMD hardware, CPU error...