P/c keeps crashig, not responding to keys or mouse,and I
have to restart by disconneting power and battery.On
restart it checks for disk consistency,says Fat 32
file,volume serial no 1808 E75E and then starts up.Anyone
HELP my?

What are you doing when this happens? Have you scanned for viruses and
malware? How is the heat in your computer?

I am going to guess this is a laptop since you have a battery. Try
holding down the power button for more than 5 seconds instead of doing
all of that. Also, is this Windows XP or 98/ME? You may have bad
drivers, you may have a bad install of Windows, it could be anything.
Your details don't really leave much to go on.

You can always try repairing Windows if you are using XP and see if that
helps. You may also want to update all of your drivesrs and see if that
helps. A good program to use is Everest Home from www.lavalys.com .
This will tell you what hardware you have and where the drivers are for
them. If worst comes to worst, you can always back up all of your data,
format the hard drive, and install Windows again.

----
Nathan McNulty

PaulChris wrote:
> P/c keeps crashig, not responding to keys or mouse,and I
> have to restart by disconneting power and battery.On
> restart it checks for disk consistency,says Fat 32
> file,volume serial no 1808 E75E and then starts up.Anyone
> HELP my?

I have a similar problem, the desktop I have has crashed several times, with
the most recent failure causing me to use my startup disk. Originally I
purchased my desktop three years ago and purchased "ME". Several problems
arose so I purchased XP upgrade. When my system crashs I get an error message
indicating a problem with my FAT 32 file.