[SOLVED] Crash when changing ram frequency to 3000mhz..

Critik

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
So to start off I do not know much when it comes to Changing all this in the UEFI. But I do know my Ram which is Corsair LPX Veng 8GB x2 Should be able to run at a Frequency of 3000 Mhz. But in CPU-Z its running at 1.066.4. So I went on the UEFI and Changed the frequency to 3000mhz and saved and exited. When I keyed my Password in it just crashed to a blue error page. I then went back and enabled d.o.c.p and it was set to 3000 And same things.. CRASH.

So All this being said I need help on how to get my RAM to run at the right speed. Here Are the my specs. I know they will be needed.

So you know the Ram already.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F MOBO
ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2060 8gb
Cooler Master Hyper 212 black Ed

Thanks

Solution
Reset bios, clear cmos.

When you get time, if there's a newer bios revision, update. Load bios defaults afterwards then again followed by another cmos reset - boot to bios, load defaults again. This will ensure boot tables, system parameters are fully updated in cmos.

Critik

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
It sets at half of 2133. And let me check on the slots. The one furthest from the CPU and the one second from the CPU. I see that many people have this problem but I can not get a clear answer on how to solve i t

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Correct slots are used.

Can you post a screenshot of cpuz spd page plz. Just want to check profiles and timings. We'll get info from spd tab.

Then we'll set frequency, timings and voltage. Earlier i meant dram voltage as in does docp set it to 1.2v or 1.35v? 3000MHz requires a bump in voltage, they wont run at stock 1.2v.

Critik

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Yea voltage is 1.200 whether I am running 3000 or not. So I got it to run at 2733 but that is the highest it will go before crashing at 1.200 volts. But this is strange I swear the SPD was showing before I change the freq Now the SPD is blank even in Admin.

Critik

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Ok Sorry got busy at work but I got it downloaded. And you know it seems like anything I do Wether it be just changing the voltage it will work for a day or two and then Ill do something random like close a task and it crashes I do not understand that. Or why it is so difficult to overclock something so simple. I will post a snip it.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
But if Hwininfo shows everything it cant be a corrupted operating system Aye?

Probably not.

Anyway, ive marked the timings in red for 3000, but need to add another number in bios.

Primary timings:

DRAM CAS Latency 15
DRAM RAS to CAS Read Delay 17
DRAM RAS to CAS Write Delay 17
DRAM RAS PRE Time 17
DRAM RAS ACT Time 35
TRC 53

DramV 1.35

8MjZxVp.png

Hopefully it works. If not, update bios?

Did you buy this ram as a set or separately?

Thanks for the pics.

Critik

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Woah, ok so I need to manually enter these timings right? Ok where exactly do I go in the Bios to do so? And the Ram was a set with 2 ram sticks. Ok so I manually change Ram Freq to 3000 And then enter these timings correct? And Change Voltage to 1.35? What exactly am I looking at in Hwininfo? I see there are different frequencys and timings. Why do they list those? Is that just to help with overclocking? And does each Ram have different or similar timings for each frequency? And Ryzen does not like odd timings? they've trained my chip to go even... strange. lol

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I've put a red rectangle around the profile you're basing this on.

Timings are in advanced memory. Primary timings are usually the first lot in the list of many timings. Don't worry about the rest. If you look closely at the timing definition ie cas ras etc, you'll be able to match those to the bios. Might not read exactly but it'll be close.

Memory usually have a few profiles embedded in the memory which motherboards work with to set timings etc automatically to which ever profile is suitable for the ram. Like presets, the ram tells the motherboard what to set. You're trying manually because motherboard seems to be stubborn or vice versa.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Reset bios, clear cmos.

When you get time, if there's a newer bios revision, update. Load bios defaults afterwards then again followed by another cmos reset - boot to bios, load defaults again. This will ensure boot tables, system parameters are fully updated in cmos.

Solution