Question Crash with loud "BRRRR" noise, 4 beeps, no display

Jun 18, 2019
The sound came from the speakers then the system rebooted, there's no display. I read from most places it's a RAM issue, remove RAM 1 by 1, clean the ports, replace ram 1 by 1 till it works etc etc but nothing is working.
I recently installed a new 500 psu and an ASUS radeon RX570 (DDR5 4gb) and it crashed after 1 hour of Total War- Warhammer 2
M5A 78L-M Mobo
2x 4gb ram (DDR3)
Is the DDR3/5 memory difference an issue? Is my mobo not compatible with DDR5? User guide says my mobo supports up to DDR3 but for several hours, the system ran super smooth. Did I fry my RAM? Will i need 1x8 gb DDR5 RAM stick and is memory difference an issue?
Sorry to be a bother but I just dropped almost $240 on this PC and i'm extremely anxious about this problem

EDIT: just learned DDR3 mobo's/RAM and GDDR5 GPU's ain't a problem so .....? I'm stuck, no idea
EDIT UPDATE: Retried my last GPU, system boots and is working..... What the hell happened to mynew GPU? Did it just die?

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2019
THIS is the PSU, new, 500w, bronze rating
My old card is a Radeon HD 6700

My MOBO beeps (1 then 3) are telling me "no VGA detected". I've managed to launch my system now, but the mobo only recognises the in-biult graphics so it's running on default

Hm... usually if some time passes and a game crashes it's indicative of a hardware issue.

Just to be sure the PSU seems to be functioning as it should be let's look at the voltage readings detected by the motherboard. This can be done, usually, via BIOS; or a hardware monitor like HWiNFO. The latter might be easier for taking a screenshot and uploading to Imgur. Of most interest are the 3.3V, 5V and 12V values being detected.

Jun 18, 2019
Can a bad CPU kill a GPU? Mine is not bad per say, it however an AMD FX-4100. I never did get performance issues, it was a solid 60fps and I even turned down some settings from ULTRA to HIGH. Strange thing is, I was looking at my Lizard army and their skin was glistening so I turned on either Antialiasing to 2x and it fixed it.... but then it crashed and has been unresponsive ever since... hmm can antialiasing on 1000's of entities kill a GPU?

BIOS Values
3.3v > 3.304
5v > 5.070
12v > 12.028

Last edited:
The components should be separate to each other, so a bad CPU will just be that. A bad PSU can take out other components. However, those readings are within the norm.

Software options shouldn't kill a GPU, likely just make the overall experience slower if it's trying to do more than it can. Are you currently using the integrated graphics of the motherboard? Try installing the graphics card again, but keep the display plugged into the motherboard. When booted up, see if Device Manager has an 'unknown device' (may need to enable 'show hidden devices') under display. At this point we'd just be checking to see if Windows even sees the hardware.

If there is an unknown device, then the next step would be to see if you can reinstall the drivers.

Jun 18, 2019
To ellaborate, the beeps were from me setting the PCIE load priority in BIOS to load the PCI 1st as I was having trouble getting it to work beforehand. So, when it eventually died, there was no longer an active PCI port so it didn't load the on board graphics due to load order. So used my last GPU to boot, reset the BIOS and found my system to be fine, then I tried to reinstall the GPU as I did before. All throughout trying to uninstall/reinstall drivers, the HDMI had to be plugged into the mobo as nothing else worked and it wasn't recognised in the device list as anything. I've contacted the retailer and begun a replacement claim, they said as long as it's not visibly damaged from physical contact or careless handling they'll replace it and I have documented it's perfect condition, it's all packed away and thanks for your efforts to chip in and help. I hope I don't have to post again, this PC diagnosis/Failures is mentally and emotionally exhausting when there's so much investment 😪

EDIT: As a last 'hoorah', how would I access crash reports either for the OS or the steam game I was playing?

Last edited:
I believe games will create their own reports somewhere (no idea where though). Event Viewer in Windows can indicate what the OS sees. Actual crash dumps need to be configured beforehand to be generated when a crash occurs. Those with the knowledge can use those to find particular issues with the system.