Crash with no monitor input and soundloop

HardBaller

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Hiya guys.

Well last time i was on here i asked for help and guess what.... here i am again in need of some help from you guys.

For a wile now my system has been crashing. When it happens the screens just turn black and get the no input on it and then go to sleep. At the same time the audio keeps hanging on this (i think 0.5s) soundloop. Really annoying sound. At first i figured it was just some colliding drivers or programs but after these months i've reinstalled everything and updated everything maybe 4 or 5 times already without any success. Another problem is that when i check the reliability monitor it shows nothing. All it shows is that windows wasn't properly shutdown because yeah i need to use the actually power button when it crashes. But nothing else nothing about what could have caused it. Maybe there is another log but you'd need to tell me where to find it then.

Now my own thought are that it might be my HDD. I build (and less then a year old now) an I5-3570K, HD7870, ASrock Extreme 6, 750W PSU, 8gb ram with enough cooling to support more hardware in it. The only thing i did reuse was my HDD. In the end i was out of money and had to "recycle" my old (by now about 10yrs i think) HDD to my new system.

So what do you guys think? Anyone able to help me i hope cause even though it doesn't happen every day it does get annoying to keep crashing especially given that i need to work and learn on it.

Thanks a lot up front :).

Solution

HN123

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013

Hi, the problem may be caused by unstable working of your motherboard. Try to clean the motherboard from dust and check it for any damaded electronic elements.

Good luck!

HardBaller

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Hiya guys. Thanks for your reactions. Unfortunately i don't have a 2nd system anymore to check the gpu with so i'll try reseating it and see if that works. I actually hoped it would just be as simple as colliding drivers but i guess i was a bit to optimistic. I've ordered some cans of compressed air that will (i hope) arrive on friday and i'll do a full "spring cleaning" of the system on saturday and i'll check for any damages or burn marks around/near capacitors.

I'll keep you guys posted as soon as i'm done with this.

HardBaller

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Ok this might be good or bad in a way but since i wrote that my system "crashed" another 3 times. Though these times the screens just kept their image. Problem was that that's about all they had. It "hung" if i'm saying this correct. Can't move the mouse. clock stops. images stop movies you'll know what i mean i'm sure. But still with only the power-on button as an option to restart. It still didn't respond to the reset button or keyboard combinations (and yes i did build it right the button usually does work ;) ). So like i said. This could be something good (like it not being my gpu and maybe just some mobo dirt) but on the other hand something bad cause i got een even stronger feeling that my hdd is dieing at a pretty fast paste now.

If you guys have any other sugjestion/possibilities with this "new" information it's always welcome.

HN123

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013

Hi, again, as I have told before the problem may be caused by unstable working of your motherboard. Try to clean the motherboard from dust and check it for any damaded electronic elements.
Also check for possible overheating CPU and/or others components.
Good luck!

Solution

HardBaller

Honorable
May 17, 2012

Aye seen it and actually responded to it mate. Just waiting for the compressed air to arrive and going to take everything out check it all and put it back in after a thorough cleaning of it :). Also i have constantly running CPIUD hw monitor to keep track of load and temps on my system cpu and gpu and those are all fine and far below max temps. Anywayz i'll let you know how it turns out after i got it all clean and shining again :).