[SOLVED] Crashes and stutters

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
I am experiencing a problem where GTA 5 freezes and crashes soon after loading into the world, or if it doesn't crash it starts to stutter after a while of gameplay, I think its because GTA 5 is a CPU intensive game and my CPU isn't nearly powerful enough to 'keep up' with my graphics card but I'm not sure, if there is anyone else experiencing these problems or could tell why this is happening I'd greatly appreciated

I have a 2200g paired with a 1660

Solution
You choose where the logged results are saved to in Afterburner. Settings > Monitoring

But without specifics it's difficult to aid you much further. Generically you could reinstall the games, verify game cache via the game client, roll back graphics drivers, reinstall graphics drivers following a clean installation process; but we don't know what's going on.

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
More likely something else. Do you monitor system performance while gaming?

Assuming Windows you could see if Event Viewer holds any information about the crashes.
I usually have nothing open in the background and my temps stay pretty low, and I've noticed that my CPU is jumping from 60%-100% while my GPU stays under 60%

CPU usage fluctuates with normal usage, so that wouldn't surprise me. (Only something like Blender can sustain a 100% workload for me.)

Would still suggest checking Event Viewer, and monitoring system performance using something like MSI Afterburner which can log results.

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
CPU usage fluctuates with normal usage, so that wouldn't surprise me. (Only something like Blender can sustain a 100% workload for me.)

Would still suggest checking Event Viewer, and monitoring system performance using something like MSI Afterburner which can log results.
I don't know how to use Event Viewer and where can I find the logged results on Afterburner unless I have to turn it on manually

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019

This is also happening with other games but they just crash on trying to load into the world

You choose where the logged results are saved to in Afterburner. Settings > Monitoring

But without specifics it's difficult to aid you much further. Generically you could reinstall the games, verify game cache via the game client, roll back graphics drivers, reinstall graphics drivers following a clean installation process; but we don't know what's going on.

Reactions: Peiguy
Solution

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019

I used DDU and so far it seems to be running fine, thank you for your assistance