Question Crashes/Reboot when playing demanding games

Mikele96

Commendable
Jun 21, 2017
Hello everyone,

So I've had this problem for a while now but it's got a lot worse lately, especially with games such as battlefield, red dead 2 and vermintide 2. Battlefield is the worst, Ive tried multiple times to play the game but I keep getting reboots as soon as i enter the game, like I say recently it has gotten worse.

I'm able to play less demanding games. I've did some research and some are suggesting that it could be an issue with my CPU overheating or a faulty PSU. After analyzing temps during gameplay I found that all my temperatures were fine. Which leads me to believe it's my PSU causing the issue, the PSU must be about 8-10 years old now. I've heard under constant use they can last up to around 8 years and I've heard from other people that the PSU should last a lifetime so I'm just not sure.

I can't exactly put my finger on that though as I understand many things can cause PC crashes/reboots, I'm not sure if it's a blue screen of death.. it doesn't show me the blue screen, it just reboots. I've had crashes and random reboots before, and things like my motherboard not wanting to take my ram in the proper slots, so I also have reason to believe I have a faulty motherboard.

Does anybody have any idea what could be going wrong here or if it's a software or hardware problem?

I'd appreciate if anyone could help me maybe fix this. Thanks, here's my specs.

If any more info is needed please ask

PSU: Corsair TX850M

OP: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO

CPU: Intel i5 8600k

RAM: Corsair vengeance 16gb DDR4 2400mhz

GPU: EVGA Nvidia 1070 8gb SC

SSD: 238gb OCZ VERTEX 4

Monitor: Dell S2716DG