[SOLVED] Crashes while gaming

Nov 5, 2020
Hello. I've been experiencing crashes while playing games on my recently built PC. The nature of the crashes and games which crash vary so I'm struggling to find a solution. System specs (built in June 2020):
  • Noctua NH-L12S Low Profile Multi Socket CPU Cooler
  • SilverStone Raven RVZ03 ARGB Mini ITX Case Black
  • Corsair SF600 SFX Gold Modular 600W Power Supply
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600X with Wraith Spire
  • MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT Mech OC 8GB
  • Crucial P1 M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz CL15 DDR4
  • Gigabyte B450 I Aorus Pro WiFi Motherboard
The games I play most and how they have been crashing:
  • Star Wars the Old Republic - Plays fine for a while then green screen and restart - setting graphics down didn't solve
  • Ark Survival Evolved - Plays fine for a while then black screen and restart - setting graphics down didn't solve
  • Witcher 3 - Plays fine for a while then black screen and restart - setting graphics down did reduce crashes a little
  • Civilisation 6 - Plays fine on single player. Crashes infrequently on multiplayer, black screen and restart - setting graphics down didn't solve
  • Cities Skylines with custom assets and mods - Somehow plays fine, despite arguably putting most load on CPU
I can't find a pattern to what action in game causes the crashes, they seem to be random. As far as I know, my system should not have any issues running any of these games. The computer never crashes outside of gaming. Things I have tried:
  • Updating graphics drivers
  • Reinstalling graphics drivers (with and without Radeon software)
  • Reinstalling graphics drivers and not selecting gaming mode
  • Monitoring CPU and GPU temperatures - cannot see a spike
  • Updating chipset drivers (I think, I'm no expert, I used Driver Easy for this)
  • Turning off iCue and RGBFusion in the background
Can anyone help at all? It's been pretty heartbreaking to spend so much money on a gaming computer and have it not be usable for gaming.

Thanks in advance.