Aug 4, 2020
So I have had this PC for a few years now and I've slowly been upgrading it here and there. I haven't done any upgrades since May when I upgraded the GPU. I game pretty heavy on it and I have for as long as I've had it. I haven't had any problems with it until the last few days. I mainly play Warzone and now when I do, I keep getting a DirectX error and the game crashes once the game is open for about 1 minute and on the menu screen. I tried starting Borderlands 3 and the game doesn't even make it to the menu screen before crashing and rebooting. I was playing portal 2 with no problems and when I am on the internet or anything other than gaming, it is fine with no issues at all. I am thinking it is a GPU problem but I'm not sure. My temps have been great on everything, so I know its not an overheating problem.

I have updated my Motherboard Bios. I have done a windows update. I rolled back my GPU Drivers to the recommended drivers and not the optional. I am currently running 20.4.2. I have tried to repair Call of duty warzone, and borderlands. I just don't know what to do anymore. I am thinking I need to hard reset my windows and re-download everything. I am also thinking I need to inspect my GPU in my case as well. But I am currently typing on my PC and my monitor is hooked up to my GPU and there is no issues. Please help me figure this out.

The motherboard and the Hard drive are the only things that haven't been upgraded.

PC Specs:
CPU- AMD 3600
GPU- AMD Sapphire Pulse 5600xt
MB- MSI 350b Bazooka
RAM- Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 2x8
PSU- Corsair RM750
HD- WD 1TB 7200RPM
Operating system- Windows 10 home 64 Bit

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31389732

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2020
I tried that. The first time I did it, it seemed to run smooth but it had over 30,000,000 errors detected. I am running it right now and it says Zero errors detected in that same time period abut my PC keeps freezing and seems like it is stutering. I ran Portal 2 while it was running the second time.

Jul 30, 2020
This does seem to be the gpu at fault. I would ensure temperatures are good when using 3d applications and games. If not take the gpu apart and reapply thermal paste. If temps are good the gpu is probably dying.