Question Crashing/artifacting issues ?

Sep 21, 2018
Alright I've been trying to get a PC I've build working for a long while now and it just won't stop giving me problems. Here's the spec sheet:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1200
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M-D3SH
RAM: 2x8GB DDR4-3000 Corsair Vengeance
PSU: Corsair CV 550 (80+ Bronze PSU)
Storage: 120GB Samsung SSD
GPU: XFX RX 480 4GB

So lets start. Usually whenever I load up a game (such as World of Warships) the screen simply either artifacts or the screen goes black and the PC restarts itself. Here is a list of attempted fixes/swapping out of components that I have made over time to try and fix this issue:

• Replaced PSU with another Corsair CV 550 (No change)
  • Replaced SSD with a spare one I had on hand and used a new installation of Windows+ new USB (No change)
  • Full MemTest on the RAM (No issues)
  • Swapped GPU to an Nvidia GT 710 2GB, made sure to use DDU (No change)

The only change that I now have, is that I swapped the Motherboard to a Gigabyte A520M Motherboard. This simply results in the screen going black and the motherboard not lighting any of it's internal LED's, which leads me to believe it may be faulty. I swapped it back to the old B450 and I now have display but same issues.

The artifacting only occurs while in-game but the PC may randomly go black and restart while doing any task. I've used HW Monitor and MSI Afterburner to check temps and they are fine for all components, even just before a restart. I honestly have no clue at this point and I don't see how it could possibly be the CPU causing these issues but I don't know. Any suggestions are fully welcome.

Last edited by a moderator: