Crashing Computer (Also sometimes crashes and monitor says no signal but the tower is on)

theevilonezify

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016
I'm ready to tear my hair out and honestly crying, I just want my computer to work.

I've had issues in the past with the computer turning off and a buzzing noise keeps going and I think these two are related.

I recently upgraded to windows 10 and it worked fine for two days, then recently I've had "Display driver has stopped working and has successfully recovered" errors and changed TDR to no prevail.

I recently reseated my graphics card just in case to no prevail and the wires are fine.

Drivers updated.

Tested ram with Memtestx86 about 3 weeks ago and everything was fine.

Bios not updated but I'm honestly doubting that.

I have ran crystaldisk to check hard drive.

Ive tested GPU with valley for an HOUR and 15 minutes and nothing went wrong

I tested CPU with Prime95 for an hour and nothing went wrong

I've tried reinstalling OS.

I HIGHLY doubt it's a software issue.

Please offer help, I'm a broken person at this point.

It has ONLY crashed once since windows 10 install BUT it crashed like this CONSTANTLY on windows 7 and i'm worried about it happening again.

Specs:
AMD FX-8350 Black edition.
8GB Of DDR3 ram.
R9 280X Double Dissapation Video card
MSI 970 Gaming AM3+ Mobo.
500GB Hitachi hard drive.
Windows 10 Pro N.

theevilonezify

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016
Update: Reverted the problem back to "display driver has crashed and recovered"
Still a problem for me.
Still wondering if its a hardware issue.
(SIDENOTE it ONLY seems to be with Bnet client)

theevilonezify

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016

Corsair 700W Semi-Mod B+

Also, how to check voltage via HWmonoitor/ Set it to logging?

theevilonezify

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016

Update: Checked the bios updates and none of them have information or fixes related to GPU, only ram etc. I would RATHER not update bios as it usually causes more problems than not, and I'd rather it be my LAST step.

when hardware info 64 starts set it to sensor. when it running pull down the info look for your mb name.
looking for line vcore.....then =5 =3.3 =12.
on the bottom of hardware info is a box that says logging. when you click on it it ask you to name the log file. name it and it auto start logging. in hard ware monitor the first line is current reading of sensor. next is min and the third line is max readings.

theevilonezify

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016

Good news, I dont think its the power supply as the 12V rails portion is 11.9 which is above 11.7 on Mobo.

So can we check the power supply off or?

i would try and see if the pc crashes under gaming or load. prime 95 see if under load the power supply is fine. if the power rail holding fine...see if someone has another gpu for testing. also boot inso safe mode remove the amd driver software and use one of the older driver to rule out a driver bug. amd and nvidia newer drivers have been buggy.

theevilonezify

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016

Already tested with Prime95, but Ill test again later.

TRENDING THREADS