CRASHING, CRASHING, CRASHING machine

vinnievideo

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009
hello, sorry for the caps but....I have this homemade 775 socket machine that is 4.5 yrs old. All it wants to do is crash! I cannot even boot for a few seconds before it re-boots again. Of cours I can get in with safe mode. But what can be causing this? The fan is turning, old unused software has been removed. Left alone this would go 'round n round with never settling on a windows intro screen. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! I am thinking of dumping the MB and starting over with the Processor, XP home, and other cards I have spend money on over the years.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
At safe mode Click run and type msconfig - enter. Sellect Starup and disable all - apply - ok system will reboot.

If system start normally go back to system configuration and check each program unchecked then restart untill problem comes back.

Start on safe mode and uninstall the program causing it not to boot, download and install CCleaner and use its registry cleaner to fix the problem then try to reboot normally.

If problem still exist uninstall unnessary programs untill it allows you to boot back to normal.

Hopefully it's just a software conflicts, postback what you find.