Crashing/Freezing under load.

ethaniha

Prominent
Feb 1, 2018
Hey, I recently built a new PC, but recently i'ts been crashing/freezing under loads, such as gaming. It doesn't give any BSoD message, just buzzing audio and my second monitor turns off.

I dont have any overclocking applied, other than on my ram technically; I'm using an asrock ab350m pro4 with vengeance 3000mhz lpx ram (2x4gb) and its not officially supported, so defaults to 2133mhz, I "overclock" it to a max of 2666mhz (1.35V) before it wont boot. I'm not sure if this is the culprit.
I've ran OCCT to try and diagnose it myself, but i cant understand the outputs: (https://imgur.com/a/8uhNH).

If anyone could help figure out why this is happening, i'd be grateful.
-Ethan

p.s Yes I am on the latest BIOS revision 4.50

Hardware
Motherboard - ab350m pro4
CPU - Ryzen 5 1600
RAM - Vengeance 3000mhz ddr4 (2x4gb)
GPU - GTX 1060 6gb Gaming X
PSU - EVGA 600B

ethaniha

Prominent
Feb 1, 2018
I have cleared the CMOS, and there are no yellow warning signs in my device manager. I've heard some stuff about nvidia's audio messing stuff up, i have those disabled too.

Try running your RAM at it's SPD voltage of 1.2v instead of it's tested voltage of 1.35v.

SPD Latency: 15-15-15-36
SPD Speed: 2133MHz
SPD Voltage: 1.2V

ethaniha

Prominent
Feb 1, 2018
That doesn't/ wouldn't help. The default with XMP disabled (which I've been running since my initial error testing) defaults to 15-15-15-36 at 1.2V, but my RAM specifically is rated at 15-17-17-35, which is what it autos to when XMP is enabled, neither effect the crashing. I believe that ram has nothing to do with it anyway, as no matter what settings I have set it runs through all of my stress tests.

Its definitely not overheating either, and when i crash I have task manager open; nothing is at 100% load or even close. I cant see any reason for the crashing.

Fyi sorry for the late responses, I'm English so the time zones are flipped.

ethaniha

Prominent
Feb 1, 2018
Update: I just checked event viewer and I was getting Kernel_Power (41) errors only. That and I did an SFC scan in power shell which came up with nothing. Could this be power supply related?