Question Crashing in almost all games with all brand new parts - Starting to dread getting on my brand new PC

Jul 30, 2019
As the title mentions, I have recently built a new PC (about a week ago) with all brand new parts and I have been having issues in most games receiving event ID 4101 mostly and sometimes getting application hang - event 1002. This is causing the game I am playing at the time to crash to the desktop or freeze. Since I have been having this issue, I run all games on full screen on my main monitor and have HWINFO running on my second monitor to monitor thermals. I do play in a relatively warm room, usually 75 F and up but haven't had any GPU temps go above 80 C and CPU never gets above 70 C. I don't believe it is a thermal issue as the computer doesn’t immediately restart. Typically I can play a game for up to 10 minutes or so and then I crash to desktop or the screen freezes (audio sometimes still playing), I open task manager and close the game.

Specs:
Ryzen 3700x at stock - downclocked actually to 1.375 as I was receiving crazy auto voltage up to 1.45
NZXT Kraken X62
MSI X570 Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi
2x8 GB of G.Skill at 3600 MHZ - Not currently stable at 3600 (causes instant crash when loading into windows) Running at 3200 currently.
Intel 660p 2 TB M.2 for storage
EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC Gaming running at factory overclock - haven't touched any settings
EVGA 750W G+ Gold Rated PSU
All boxes up in an NZXT H500i
Current display - Acer Predator X34P

So far I have tried the following (and probably more I can't remember):

I have ran a few benchmarks here and there to test out to see if it's any hardware issues. Tried furmark and heaven for the GPU. Furmark was fine, and just tried heaven again before writing this and didn't get any crashes but the screen did go black for a few seconds a couple times during the run and the event ID 4101 popped up each time this happened. As for the CPU, I ran Prime 95 for a few hours and didn't have any crashes. Tried to use DDU and install the latest driver which did not fix anything. I saw a couple fixes regarding reducing the factory overclock of the GPU down to the base clock which didn't fix anything (I wouldn't want to do this anyway). I've tried doing a fresh install of windows, even though I just installed windows on the system with no luck. Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic and had no issues with the memory. Downloaded drivereasy to make sure all drivers were updated and after performing s few updates all were updated. Still no fix here.

Games I have tried which crashed (for varying reasons): Subnautica, Middle Earth: Shadow of War, Metro Exodus, PUBG, Fortnite (only tried to see if it would crash... don't judge), Insurgency: sandstorm, Division 2, Overwatch etc.

Games that have worked: League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm, WoW, Diablo 3 and that's about it.

At this point, I'm about fed up and ready to take all the parts that could be causing the issue back to the store for exchange (purchased at micro center). But deep down, I believe it's a driver issue since the CPU is only a month old and the GPU is a couple weeks old. It’s nice playing the games That do run on high settings but it seems like any game that really ups the need of a quality graphics card, I receive this error. I could really use anyone's advice here to help me get on my way to enjoying my games again and not having to spend my slowly decreasing time that I do have to play games and to deal with this issue day after day.

Thanks!

Last edited:

BluePleb

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
I might not be of much help , Sorry.
But I do have the exact (Exact to the point where even our buy times are similar) same problem ,
Hope someone has a solution.

Latest posts