Question Crashing multiple times a day?!?!

Mar 2, 2019
Windows crashes MULTIPLE times a day or freezes up. No hardware issues I can see (even took CPU out and checked for bent pins...all is well). Chkdsk comes up fine. Memory check comes up fine. Literally all tests are fine. I even did a clean install of windows all over again, and it still has this issue! I am starting to think that Apple is a better option than the 5 grand I spent for this gaming rig! See crash pics below.
MoBo: Asus Maximus XI Hero (Wifi)
GPU: Asus ROG Strix 2080 Ti OC Edition
CPU: i9-9900k
RAM: Trident Z 32Gb DDR4 3200
SSD: Samsung Evo 860 500Gb
HDD: Western Digital Black 2Tb
AIO: Master Cooler ML360R
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered

52382833_10216797014652009_3716192191979192320_o.jpg

53137495_10216797014892015_7913842705942183936_o.jpg

54434633_10216797015172022_4827788844113854464_o.jpg

peptobismal

Reputable
Feb 16, 2019
Check your Error Reporting logs. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL usually means that you have a bad overclock/timings on your RAM.

What "Memory Check" are you using? And what kind of overclocks do you have? What "tweaks" have you performed? Was this a fresh install of Windows on the current hardware or did you upgrade and leave it be? EDIT: When you say clean install, do you mean using the USB drive and actually formatting your hard drive or do you mean you "Reset Windows"?

If you receive a blue screen error (also known as a stop code), it means that your PC has shut down suddenly to protect itself from data loss. If you see the text “WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR,” it means that a hardware error has occurred.

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION is often caused by wrongly configured system settings or irregularities in the Windows registry. This error can be easily fixed with a special software configured to resolve common system registry issues.

Here are some basic causes that can lead to the “IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL” error:
  • Windows system files are corrupted.
  • Install wrong drivers or drivers conflict.
  • An interruption while installing a program.
  • Downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7, Windows 8.
Have you ran "SFC /SCANNOW" in an elevated command prompt? Or "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth"?

Mar 2, 2019
Check your Error Reporting logs. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL usually means that you have a bad overclock/timings on your RAM.

What "Memory Check" are you using? And what kind of overclocks do you have? What "tweaks" have you performed? Was this a fresh install of Windows on the current hardware or did you upgrade and leave it be? EDIT: When you say clean install, do you mean using the USB drive and actually formatting your hard drive or do you mean you "Reset Windows"?

Have you ran "SFC /SCANNOW" in an elevated command prompt? Or "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth"?
I did the memchk from windows. I never did any tweaking on the motherboard at all. I mean USB and formatting the drive to clean install.
I also didn't know about SFC/SCANNOW or DISM/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth.....Do I type that in search?

Mar 2, 2019
I finished both. The sfc scan found no integrity violations. I did run the DISM RestoreHealth one first. We will see if this helps. If not I will post the results.

Mar 2, 2019
Well....it started crashing again. Something called GenuineIntel is causing the most issues according to the MiniDump files. There are other ones too, but this GenuineIntel is causing the most.

peptobismal

Reputable
Feb 16, 2019
There is a forum post related to this here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/bsod-probably-caused-by-genuineintel-error-124.2298097/

The suggestion is that you might be overclocking and not know it. I would also check any ASUS tools you have some notable ones that I see on ASUS's site for your board is RAMCACHE II, MemTweakIt, Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, and RAMDisk. Just to make sure that they are not interfering in a negative way.

https://social.technet.microsoft.co...aused-by-genuineintel?forum=win10itprogeneral

This might be of some help... the most notable things that I see them trying is DDU and updating BIOS.

After you update your BIOS if necessary.

Download the latest nVidia Drivers from www.geforce.com
Download DDU from: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Click Start > Type msconfig in search bar > Click msconfig.exe > Go to Boot Tab > Select Safe Mode > Restart your computer.

Now run DDU and uninstall your nVidia drivers using the Uninstall & Restart option. You may have to go back to msconfig and uncheck Safe Mode to restart without it I can't remember.

Once you are not in safe mode install the nVidia driver that you downloaded earlier.

Mar 2, 2019
I am so annoyed that I built this 5,000$ crash machine. I am not exactly tech illiterate, but when I have to learn coding to read dump files to even have a possibility of know what could possibly be wrong, and I spend 8+hrs a day troubleshooting rather than gaming.....I am starting to wish I stuck with console gaming and using my Macbook Pro for computer tasks. This is becoming down right annoying and I want to throw this damn machine out the window at this point. I don't know what to do. I checked driver updates, Reset CMOS, Dskchks, memory checks, SFC Scan now, DISM Restore healths, running minidump files to figure out what may have caused the crashes, taking apart pc and checking pins, reinstalling windows, running tests on GPU, CPU, RAM, and so forth, stress testing CPU, redownloading drivers, repeating the above tasks to retry, disk defrags, right click check disks in my computer, malware scans, turning off fast boot, default setting my motherboard, and so on and so on.....AND IT STILL CRASHES 3+ TIMES A DAMN DAY! I AM ABOUT TO PULL MY HAIR OUT WITH THIS THING AND RETURN THE THING! 5,000$ WASTED!

peptobismal

Reputable
Feb 16, 2019
disk defrags
Wait.. you didn't run any defraggers on the SSD? Especially not ones like Glary Utilities which just essentially moves everything... which if you have any type of active drive caching will cause a lot of weird issues.

You aren't overclocking the PCI-E Clock Speed (100MHz is default)...
You have ANY potential overclocking features in the BIOS off right? Usually you should be able to find a setting called Load Fail Safe Defaults.
Make sure EZ Tuning is off/AI OC, in BIOS.
Also, try running msconfig again and select diagnostic start up to load only the basics.

Run Core Temp and check your CPU's temps, etc. Make sure there is no overheating...

What power supply do you have? I tried to use a power supply calculator and basically just tried to max you out as far as I could think and got it to about 611W so you would want a 650W-750W power supply. Hopefully, the power supply is not a spot that was chosen to cut corners on cost, fingers crossed.

Have you contacted Intel or ASUS customer support on this issue? I am not an Intel guy as it is a bit pricey in my opinion, but you shouldn't be having any issues unless your motherboard or something is doing something and it's overlooking it. You might want to actually post your dump files somewhere and have someone else take a look at them...

I would encourage you to recopy/re-post your first message with memory dump files on ASUS's forums, Intels, and Microsoft's. As well, as maybe seeing if ASUS or Intel's customer service has any insight. Just expand your search... as for some reason no one else is chiming in here.

Side note, have you updated Windows 10 today? Apparently there was an update Microsoft put out about 2 weeks ago that was messing with gaming performance on a lot of 2080 Ti's and a mixture of other Nvidia and AMD cards... it should absolutely have nothing to do with your crashes. And their fix was released today.

Mar 2, 2019
Wait.. you didn't run any defraggers on the SSD? Especially not ones like Glary Utilities which just essentially moves everything... which if you have any type of active drive caching will cause a lot of weird issues.

You aren't overclocking the PCI-E Clock Speed (100MHz is default)...
You have ANY potential overclocking features in the BIOS off right? Usually you should be able to find a setting called Load Fail Safe Defaults.
Make sure EZ Tuning is off/AI OC, in BIOS.
Also, try running msconfig again and select diagnostic start up to load only the basics.

Run Core Temp and check your CPU's temps, etc. Make sure there is no overheating...

What power supply do you have? I tried to use a power supply calculator and basically just tried to max you out as far as I could think and got it to about 611W so you would want a 650W-750W power supply. Hopefully, the power supply is not a spot that was chosen to cut corners on cost, fingers crossed.

Have you contacted Intel or ASUS customer support on this issue? I am not an Intel guy as it is a bit pricey in my opinion, but you shouldn't be having any issues unless your motherboard or something is doing something and it's overlooking it. You might want to actually post your dump files somewhere and have someone else take a look at them...

I would encourage you to recopy/re-post your first message with memory dump files on ASUS's forums, Intels, and Microsoft's. As well, as maybe seeing if ASUS or Intel's customer service has any insight. Just expand your search... as for some reason no one else is chiming in here.

Side note, have you updated Windows 10 today? Apparently there was an update Microsoft put out about 2 weeks ago that was messing with gaming performance on a lot of 2080 Ti's and a mixture of other Nvidia and AMD cards... it should absolutely have nothing to do with your crashes. And their fix was released today.

I should have said "Optimize" instead of defrag it is built into windows and isn't 3rd party app. CPU at max has gotten to 61C during stress test. I have 850 Watt EVGA SuperNova G3. I am using the Windows community right now and as soon as I get another crash I can upload the dump file. Will do on the MSConfig now. I have everything default in the UEFI BIOS...but I will recheck.