[SOLVED] Crashing on all games after 10 mins

Oct 4, 2018
Hey so I have came across with a lot of problems for few months now. Fortnite crashes when I put the settings to medium. Even though I have a i5-7600k and a gtx 1060 6gb with 8gb of ram. It is not just fortnite rainbow six siege also. They dont crash when i put the settings on very low. I know my system can run better than low. There's no heating issue. All my temps are good and normal for cpu and gpu. So it is not heating issues. Nor overclocking because I have it stock and i run heaven bench and it crash after like 3 scenes. Is it my power supply? I have a 500W power supply not sure which

Solution
Sounds like a PSU problem to me. Had the same thing happen to me a month ago. It would crash playing simple games like LoL. I stress tested my gpu and cpu and temps were normal but during the gpu test, it would still crash. It was due to my PSU overheating because the fan wouldn’t spin up. 90% sure it’s psu. Especially if it’s a poor quality one.

heshclub7

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
Sounds like a PSU problem to me. Had the same thing happen to me a month ago. It would crash playing simple games like LoL. I stress tested my gpu and cpu and temps were normal but during the gpu test, it would still crash. It was due to my PSU overheating because the fan wouldn’t spin up. 90% sure it’s psu. Especially if it’s a poor quality one.

Solution

darezi

Honorable
Oct 5, 2018
It's your PSU. It has swollen capacitors. I had the same problem. Needs to be changed and it will work fine. Accept if the problem is not in the PSU mainbord. Than you'll need a new PSU.

Oct 4, 2018

I will sure to get a new PSU. Hope fully this fixes the problem. You recommend any good 650w psu?

Oct 4, 2018

I will sure to get a new PSU. Hope fully this fixes the problem. You recommend any good 650w psu?