Question Crashing PC

jazzyanne

Prominent
Dec 21, 2019
Hello friends.
I understand this is a loaded question but I need help with a PC I built for my brother.
It crashes after being on for a while, but immediately when trying to play a video.
I believe I have done all I know to do remotely, but I am looking for more troubleshooting tips before I have to go pick it up 4 hours away. It was a screaming pc when built, but slowly declined over time. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

1- Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard
2- AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor
3- XFX Radeon RX 560 - 1024 4 GB Video Card
4- Cooler Master MWE Gold 750 W 80
5- Scythe Ninja 5 Air Cooler
6- GSkill DDR4 2132 Mhz
7- NVMe CT1000P1SSD8 [Hard drive] (1000.20 GB)
8- Windows 10 64 bit Pro 2004 Version

Lutfij

Titan
By crash do you mean the system reboots or does the system power off or does the system throw a BSOD? If the first and second problems, the issue can and will be either thermal(overheating) or not enough power from the PSU. If it's the last option, then your OS might be corrupt.

What have you tried in order to come to the forums, so we're not repeating what you've already tried.

jazzyanne

Prominent
Dec 21, 2019
By crash do you mean the system reboots or does the system power off or does the system throw a BSOD? If the first and second problems, the issue can and will be either thermal(overheating) or not enough power from the PSU. If it's the last option, then your OS might be corrupt.

What have you tried in order to come to the forums, so we're not repeating what you've already tried.

The PC monitor gets a quick checkered pattern, then goes black. I'm told it mostly reboots, but can shutdown.
It's slow and sluggish before crashing. Use to be very fast.
Has not done the BSOD, just black & reboot.

1-We have reset BIOS to defaults.
2-Updated all drivers that could be found.
3- Updated the BIOS and Chipset to current version.
4- Did the error check, optimize, disk cleanup on all 3 SSD drives.
5- Ran Windows Defender full scan on all 3 drives.
6- Checked performance with various apps like CPU-Z, task manager performance, etc. To be certain they cpu, ram and GPU were showing correct values.
7- Uninstalled unused apps and disabled almost everything in startup.
Some other diagnostics to no successful end.

jazzyanne

Prominent
Dec 21, 2019
6- GSkill DDR4 2132 MHz.

Are you running that RAM at 2132MHz or is that RAM that was used in an old Intel system?

One thing for sure. You will have to buy 3200/3600MHz RAM for that Ryzen 3900X.

I searched for a while and read lost of sites before building the PC, including here:), and the PartsPicker gave me a selection to choose, this ram being one. It was all for an AMD build, from scratch. Oh, and yes, I'll have to check again, when I remote back in, on the speed but it was set in the BIOS to run the ram in XMP or AMD profile. I believe it is running faster than 2132MHz. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS