Crashing to desktop

drijakralj002

Reputable
Jul 31, 2018
Hello guys !
I have a problem when playing games, so usually for example when I play BF1 I can play it for max 15 mins until it crashes and its not happening just in BF1 its happening in other games to like NFS Payback, DiRT Rally , CSGO , LoL ...
First thing I checked was temps and they are okey i guess when playing BF1 and NFS Payback on ULTRA settings gpu is about 70/85 max (Gigabyte R9 290)
and cpu reaches max about 70 (i5 3470) and even then I cleaned them and changed past , I will list other things I did :
Change gpu drivers a lot of time and clean installed them
Install Windows again
Update other drivers
Disabled AMD audio drivers
Clean booted
Verified Game cache
Disable CPU boost
Installed new versions of DX
Updated Windows
I dont know what to do anymore I saw somepeople had problem with ram so I checked that to I unpluged 1 ram stick at time and game didnt crash even when I set them both but in single channel mode it didnt crash but when I dual channel them it crashes btw its 8gb ddr3 133mhz
mother board is dell q77 1.2 rev
I checked event viewer and here is what poped up when BF1 crashes but sometimes not always
===========================================================================
Faulting module name: bf1.exe, version: 1.0.57.44284, time stamp: 0x5b92a7fa
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000009086a0
Faulting process id: 0x13e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4b5bcaec0eba7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\bf1.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\bf1.exe
===========================================================================
HERE IS EVENT VIEWER FULL FILE if you guys can dig something out
https://ufile.io/bhpno
Thanks in advance hope you guys can help me !

1. if it was a temperature issue the game would give you FPS issues and or crash the computer completely (reboot for example) or Blue Screen of Death.
2. if you have changed windows, driver, etc likely it is not a software issue unless you have acquired the games from a pirate web site.
3. regarding the ram stick;
and you said " I unplugged 1 ram stick at time and game did not crash even when I set them both but in single channel mode it did not crash but when I dual channel them it crashes btw its 8gb ddr3 133mhz motherboard is dell q77 "

so if you only have 1 ram stick in your problems go completely away ?
if you have both ram stick in a1b1 for example (single slot mode) then problem goes away?
but dual channel your having issues.

then I have to ask what is the make and model of BOTH ramstick please.

drijakralj002

Reputable
Jul 31, 2018
1. I dont get any performance issues but I was getting bsod but I fixed it
2. And its not pirated games I have them on origin and steam
3. I have 2 sticks of 4gb so I unpluged 1 and it worked without crashes when I tested other stick solo it worked without crashes then I decided to put both of them but in single channel mode a1b1 as you said problem goes away but in cost of performace
One of them is *exceleram e30140a*
and the other one is *kingston kvr13n9s8/4*
have to menton that they worked in old pc well without problems !
Forgot to menton a important thing sometimes when game crashes to desktop mouse becomes very stuttery like 3 fps until I alt tab out of game or close it from task manager

1. not because ram worked on a a motherboard, means that the compatibility of 2 different ram sticks will works as seen before on a new motherboard, every motherboard have their "quirks" about compatibility .

2. are you using XMP ? if so turn it off

3. your Exceleram e30140a is NOT a dual channel ram stick : https://www.exceleram.co/products/memory-ddr3-dimm-single-channel/
4. your kingston kvr13n9s8/4 ram is NOT dual channel: https://www.kingston.com/datasheets/kvr13n9s8_4.pdf
so putting them in dual mode would indeed cause issues, if the motherboard has 4 slots install then in slot 1 & 2 (1&3 and 2&4 are usually dual slot) one in white and one in black coloured slots)

you mentioned your board si a dell q77 1.2 rev, was is an optiplex 9010 or 7010 motherboard originaly ?