Question Crashing when playing games/ watching videos

Apr 6, 2021
My computer has been crashing almost 100% of the time I start playing any game. Sometimes its crashes when I'm watching videos and sometimes I walk away from my desk with no programs or sites open and I come back and it has crashed. I usually get a Blue screen followed by my computer restarting but when I try to power back up it gets stuck in a cycle where the fans spin and all my case/mouse/keyboard lights start up but I only get a black screen. No start up. Nothing. Only way for it to boot back up is if I go into my case and remove both ram sticks and reseat them (I bought brand new RAM to test if it was the problem and the crashes still happened). I have updated my bios and gpu and reinstalled windows 10. Not sure if this is an AMD Gpu driver problem, motherboard problem, or power supply failure. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Specs:

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
GPU AMD RX 5600XT
MOBO X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI
PSU Cooler Master 750 watt 80+ Bronze
Ram GSKill RIPJAWS V 2x8 DDR4

Jun 18, 2020
@imb72

Just so you know I have the same motherboard without WiFi, which is identical components

I have a brand new PSU which I keep as backup & to prove that it is or is not the PSU when fault finding, not sure if there is any other way of proving it unless you have a spare to try with ?

At what point did your PC start crashing, as in did you do anything to it before it happened or did it just start one day ?

Apr 6, 2021
@imb72

Just so you know I have the same motherboard without WiFi, which is identical components

I have a brand new PSU which I keep as backup & to prove that it is or is not the PSU when fault finding, not sure if there is any other way of proving it unless you have a spare to try with ?

At what point did your PC start crashing, as in did you do anything to it before it happened or did it just start one day ?
Ive always had problems crashing since I upgraded this rig. Originally i found AMDs adrenaline was causing crashing and fixed that. This issue where I have to removed my RAM just started maybe a couple weeks ago. I think the next step is to get a new PSU just to rule it out or not

TRENDING THREADS