[Crawl] RNG loves me today

abc

Found on DL5 after ten or fifteen "died on L1" goes:

the +5 armour of the Dragon King (worn)

Fire, cold and poison resistance - mmm. RNG must be in a good mood today. By
far and away the best artifact armour I've ever stumbled across.

abc

Dungeon Crawl version 4.0.0 beta 26 character file.

Spang the Cleaver (Hill Dwarf)
(Level 6 Berserker)

Play time: 00:21:00 Number of turns: 3717

Experience : 6/570
Strength 20 Dexterity 12 Intelligence 6
Hit Points : 55 Magic Points : 2
AC : 24 Evasion : 1 Shield : 0
GP : 44

You are on level 5.
You worship Trog.
Trog is most pleased with you.
You are not hungry.

Inventory:
Hand weapons
b - a +0 dwarven spear
c - a +0 dwarven spear
d - a +0 dwarven spear
i - a -1,+2 orcish war axe (weapon)
l - a quarterstaff
m - a runed dagger
s - a runed whip
y - a short sword
A - a hammer
B - an orcish long sword
C - a flail
N - a spear
Armour
e - a +0 leather armour
h - a +1 orcish scale mail
j - a +0 cloak (worn)
t - a buckler
v - a +1 dwarven helmet (worn)
J - the +5 armour of the Dragon King (worn)
It protects you from magic.

O - a +0 pair of orcish boots (worn)
Magical devices
a - a worn wooden wand
o - a forked brass wand
L - an ivory wand
Comestibles
D - a bread ration
E - a snozzcumber
K - a choko
Scrolls
g - 3 scrolls of teleportation
k - 2 scrolls of paper
w - 2 scrolls of identify
x - 6 scrolls labeled EROFI {tried}
M - a scroll labeled A
P - a scroll labeled QUTYD NU {tried}
Jewellery
f - a platinum amulet
z - a wooden ring
F - a runed iron ring
I - a platinum amulet
Potions
n - a glowing purple potion
p - 3 blue potions
q - a murky clear potion
r - a yellow potion
u - an oily silvery potion
G - a green potion
H - a gluggy white potion

You have 2 experience left.

Skills:
+ Level 4 Fighting
+ Level 8 Axes
+ Level 1 Throwing
+ Level 3 Armour
+ Level 1 Dodging

You have 5 spell levels left.
You don't know any spells.

"abc" <steevf@nospam.hotmail.com> writes:

>the +5 armour of the Dragon King (worn)

>Fire, cold and poison resistance - mmm. RNG must be in a
>good mood today. By far and away the best artifact armour
>I've ever stumbled across.

[...]

> J - the +5 armour of the Dragon King (worn)
> It protects you from magic.

This doesn't match with your description above. Did you just
snip the three resistances and it gives magic protection as
well?

> w - 2 scrolls of identify

What are you saving those for? You have plenty of unidentified
stuff... Good luck with the character, it has potential.

-Jukka
--
Jukka Kuusisto

"Jukka Kuusisto" <jkuusist@cc.hut.fi> wrote in message
> "abc" <steevf@nospam.hotmail.com> writes:
>
> >the +5 armour of the Dragon King (worn)
>
> >Fire, cold and poison resistance - mmm. RNG must be in a
> >good mood today. By far and away the best artifact armour
> >I've ever stumbled across.
>
> [...]
>
> > J - the +5 armour of the Dragon King (worn)
> > It protects you from magic.
>
> This doesn't match with your description above. Did you just
> snip the three resistances and it gives magic protection as
> well?

It's a fixed (or unrandom? I don't know which is which) artifact gold dragon
armor, so I guess that's what he did.

Might want to wear something lighter for awhile to get the armor skill up.

--
Jeremey

abc

Thanks for the advice - he's still alive :)

Yeh, the char dump description just says "It protects you from Magic" but
viewing the item it says:

"A magical armour made from the golden scales of a golden dragon" (I don't
know what other colour they might be..). "It is extremely heavy and
cumbersome, but confers resistances to fire, cold and poison on its wearer.

Armour rating 13
Evasion modifer -10

It protects you from magic."

I found it in a weird, labyrinthine chequerboard sort of area - there's
often an interesting goodie or two in those, although they appear rarely at
the high-up levels I'm used to playing on (don't think I've ever got below
DL12).

abc

"Jeremey Wilson" <noaddressgiven@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Jukka Kuusisto" <jkuusist@cc.hut.fi> wrote in message
> > "abc" <steevf@nospam.hotmail.com> writes:
> >
> > >the +5 armour of the Dragon King (worn)
> >
> > >Fire, cold and poison resistance - mmm. RNG must be in a
> > >good mood today. By far and away the best artifact armour
> > >I've ever stumbled across.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > J - the +5 armour of the Dragon King (worn)
> > > It protects you from magic.
> >
> > This doesn't match with your description above. Did you just
> > snip the three resistances and it gives magic protection as
> > well?
>
> It's a fixed (or unrandom? I don't know which is which) artifact gold
dragon
> armor, so I guess that's what he did.
>
> Might want to wear something lighter for awhile to get the armor skill up.
>
> --
> Jeremey

Loonie

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2001

Jeremey Wilson .-- .-. --- - . ---...

> It's a fixed (or unrandom? I don't know which is which) artifact gold dragon
> armor, so I guess that's what he did.

Fixed=unrandom, as opposed to "random". This is fixed in fact, I found the
same with TrBe in he Swamp some time ago.

--
Loonie